cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY PAYMENTS

From what I understand we are supposed to only accept Ebay Payments BUT all I see in peoples payments is Paypal and other credit cards. It does not say Ebay Payments. What happens when they go into paying? Does it then tell them to pay by Ebay only? Is this why I am not selling anything... shouldn't my listings say paying by EBAY PAYMENTS or doesn't it matter? 

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: EBAY PAYMENTS

"The most recent is that Ebay requires sellers to give them a checking account for payments and not a savings account... what is the difference?"

@bettys-goodies 

'Two-way' traffic (checking) vs. 'One-way' traffic (savings)... it's in case eBay has to collect funds from you.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 17 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

@bettys-goodies 

When buyers go to pay, the only change they notice is a couple more ways to pay.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

EBay Managed Payments options include PayPal, major credit cards, Google and Apple Pay. That is what buyers are.

“Managed Payments” is the name of the payment processor.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@bettys-goodies Hello- I'm afraid you are confusing managed payments with a type of payment for buyers and that is not the case. Managed payments simply mean the payments you receive from your buyers are directed into your own checking account via managed payments. Buyers can use a variety of systems to pay including PayPal, but it makes no difference to you because you are in managed payments. You don't need to change anything in your listings regarding how buyers can pay, that is handled by eBay. Hope this helps answer your question. Best of luck to you....

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

The only thing I don't understand is when I go into my listings and look at how they pay it only says Paypal, mastercard, visa, etc...which I don't take and it does not say Ebay Payment. What happens if they try to pay with Visa which I do not accept but the listing says I do? 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

I'm sorry but you're still misunderstanding. This platform DOES take PayPal payments and any credit cards. Buyers are not paying you directly, they are paying through another source, which processes the payments through managed payments and then into your checking account. 

If a buyer pays through Visa that payment will eventually makes it way into your checking account, minus fees. So, you do accept all of these payments because buyers are not paying you directly. Hope that makes sense now. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@bettys-goodies wrote:

The only thing I don't understand is when I go into my listings and look at how they pay it only says Paypal, mastercard, visa, etc...which I don't take and it does not say Ebay Payment. What happens if they try to pay with Visa which I do not accept but the listing says I do? 

Credit cards are processed now the same way they were with Pay Pal.

The only difference now, the funds go to your Managed Payments account, not Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

You don't have a Visa merchant account.

But since you take Paypal, PP will accept your customer's payment and transfer it to eBay, which transfers it to your bank.

You also take ApplePay and GooglePay, because those payment processors also work with eBay and Managed Payments.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Buyers can pay with Paypal, credit or debit cards and with the addition of in-house payments, Google Pay and Apple Pay.  When you were paid with Paypal buyers paid with Paypal or credit and debit cards. I haven't used Paypal for a payment here ever since they started allowing direct card payments many, many years ago.

The payment processor process the payment from whatever source the buyer uses and sends it to your account. Just like with payments received into Paypal, you will neve know how the buyer paid, only that you HAVE been paid.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Yes after checking many listings on feebay I noticed that everyone has the same thing under payments saying they accept Paypal, etc... why doesn't it just say EBAY PAYMENTS? That would make more sense since they are actually paying Ebay which hopefully puts it into our bank account. I also noticed something new when it comes to shipping... they have something called business policies and you are supposed to edit your shipping on that but it doesn't work right... it says I can OPT OUT of Business Policies in my account but I really cannot. Besides I don't have a business since this is just a fun way to sell things around the house. Anyone know what this Business Policies thing is and how to get out of it? I called Ebay but they hung up on me... 

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@bettys-goodies wrote:

Yes after checking many listings on feebay I noticed that everyone has the same thing under payments saying they accept Paypal, etc... why doesn't it just say EBAY PAYMENTS? That would make more sense since they are actually paying Ebay which hopefully puts it into our bank account. I also noticed something new when it comes to shipping... they have something called business policies and you are supposed to edit your shipping on that but it doesn't work right... it says I can OPT OUT of Business Policies in my account but I really cannot. Besides I don't have a business since this is just a fun way to sell things around the house. Anyone know what this Business Policies thing is and how to get out of it? I called Ebay but they hung up on me... 

Business policies, I've been using them for years, it makes it so much easier if you have to change something.

As far as getting out of them, I'm not sure, never tried.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Now wouldn't it be confusing if you went to a department store and the sign on the register said they take Big Lots payments, and you wanted to pay with your VISA? eBay's payments are any that are listed, spelled out, so people know what card or payment source that can use. To me, this is kinda an odd question coming from someone that has been on eBay from 1999.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Thats funny... I like it. Do you know how many changes I've seen since 1999 and not all are good. One example is that sellers can not leave buyers a negative even if they don't pay or for any reason. The most recent is that Ebay requires sellers to give them a checking account for payments and not a savings account... what is the difference? They love making changes and I'm sure you can think of a few that drive you crazy too. 

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Probably many sellers don't agree with many eBay changes; however, we do have to remember that it's their site, so their rules.  

As for not being able to leave negative FB for buyers, the nonpayment strike has more unpleasant consequences.  Again, their site, so their rules. 

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

The most recent is that Ebay requires sellers to give them a checking account for payments and not a savings account... what is the difference?

You can't write a check on a savings* account.

EBay from time to time may need to take money from the bank account attached to your MP account .

For example, this month my Store subscription came due on a Wednesday, but my MP had transferred all the Held payments on Tuesday, so they went to the bank and were paid.

This is one reason why I opened new, no fee, online accounts to attach to my MP accounts. These are not combined with my household accounts.

*Yes, I know there are accounts that allow checks to be written on a saved balance.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply