cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY EXPRESSIONS PROGRAM , HACKING SCAM ?

WE HAVE BEEN GETTING EMAILS FOR EBAY'S EXPRESSIONS PROGRAM , WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY LUCK EVEN GETTING ANY HELP IN ANY WAY FROM THEM   ,    JUST AS THE CONCIERGE PROGRAM THAT NEVER HAPPENED DID , WE HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR 24 YEARS WITH 2 ACCOUNTS AND NEVER EVER A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK RECEIVED   ,      RECENTLY WE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE    :    "  

Hello,

Thank you for continuing to be a valued member of the eBay Expressions Panel. Sellers like you are at the heart of eBay and your opinions and feedback are essential to inform its future direction.

Background 
We are conducting remote interviews with our sellers between Wednesday 31st January and Monday 12th February (excluding bank holidays & weekends). The session will be an exploration of your experience and needs when it comes to getting paid and managing your finances as an eBay seller. You will not have to disclose any financial details nor any other information you are not comfortable with.

What can you expect? 
In this 90-minute interview, you will speak with a researcher representing eBay, who will ask you questions on the topic mentioned above. The session will not be shared publicly but by agreeing to participate, you consent to have your participation recorded and shared within eBay. 

This would be a great opportunity to have your say in upcoming developments on eBay. As a thank you for your time, you will receive a payment of $230 after the session. 

Date: between Wednesday 31st January and Monday 12th February (excluding bank holidays & weekends)

Time: It will last about 90 minutes and will take place on a date and time of your choosing. Please let us know your availability between the dates mentioned above and we will give you a slot that works for you. 

Place: Conference call on Zoom, details to follow upon confirmation 

I’m in, how do I sign up?

If you are unable to click the link, please copy and paste the full URL below into your browser:

If you have any queries or want to discuss the details of the session with us first, please get in touch by replying to this email. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
eBay Expressions  "       

You are currently subscribed to eBay Expressions. To unsubscribe please

eBay Inc.
2065 Hamilton Ave, San Jose, California, United States, 95125  "     AFTER TRYING TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES , WE CALLED EBAY TODAY 1-31-2024 , WE WERE TOLD BY EBAY THAT THIS IS A SCAM AND THAT WE SHOULD FORWARD IT TO SPOOF AT EBAY , WE ARE JUST WONDERING IF OTHERS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CONCERN ?     WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE MONEY , WE WANTED TO FIND OUT IF THEY COULD HELP US WITH THE PROBLEMS EBAY HAS CREATED WITH PROGRAM CHANGES OVER THE LAST 7-8 YEARS THAT HAVE SEVERELY HAD NEGATIVE RESULTS FOR US AND MANY OTHER LONG TIME SELLERS , WE ARE LOYAL AND ONLY SELL ON EBAY , HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER HAD THESE MESSAGES ?  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

@kmaacp wrote:

This would be a great opportunity to have your say in upcoming developments on eBay. As a thank you for your time, you will receive a payment of $230 after the session.

-----

AFTER TRYING TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES , WE CALLED EBAY TODAY 1-31-2024 , WE WERE TOLD BY EBAY THAT THIS IS A SCAM AND THAT WE SHOULD FORWARD IT TO SPOOF AT EBAY , WE ARE JUST WONDERING IF OTHERS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CONCERN ?

Hmm... it might be a scam? eBay Expressions is real, however the messages are usually signed differently and typically surveys are unpaid. kyle@ebay ?

eBay Expressions emails usually come from a reply.ebay.com email address. Did you check the email address on the message @kmaacp ?

GLORIOUS!

Check out the new inefficient Seller Hub 'All Filters' panel to see how much eBay disrespects sellers' time (click).
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Without seeing the actual link, it's hard to say for certain whether it's a scam, but as a member of eBay Expressions myself, I can say that that does read like one of their focus-group style of invitations. (They often do broadcast-style surveys sent to everyone as well.) The headers of the email should show the usual eBay origin (support@ebayexpression.com is the one I see most often), and rolling your cursor over the link they provide (without actually clicking on it) should show that your browser will be going to that location as well.

If your links are not working, it may be that your browser is blocking them out of an abundance of caution. Mine (Chrome on a Windows 10 box) shows that it's screening links in my email, but allows eBay Expressions as a valid sender. 

Phoning eBay via a phone number you may have found on the Internet may get you some third-party outfit that is not really eBay. You can certainly try forwarding that email to spoof@ebay.com and see what kind of response you get, but do not be guided by someone's telephone opinion alone.

P.S. I have not received that invitation myself (at least, not yet), but these focus group invitations are not sent to everyone each time. They may be limited to certain demographics or types of users for whatever reason, for which you might qualify but I might not.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I remember reading post's in the past few years about selected sellers being offered to enter Expressions 

Seems like a legit program to me, do a search here for it

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

The headers of the email should show the usual eBay origin (support@ebayexpression.com is the one I see most often), 

That's the other one. Often used on "Community Activity" messages.

The one I mentioned is typically used for "Join our Expressions panel" messages.

The odd part to me was the $230 payment. Weird number? Also it says payment not gift card? I haven't seen that before - not to say it isn't legit, I just haven't seen it.

GLORIOUS!

Check out the new inefficient Seller Hub 'All Filters' panel to see how much eBay disrespects sellers' time (click).
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I AM ON THE PHONE WITH EBAY AND THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL ME AND SAY THEY ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Have you tried going directly to the eBay Expressions website and logging in?

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I was a member of eBay Expressions for many, many years and never got paid for anything.

I voluntarily removed myself from the program last Spring as I no longer wished to participate. It became too time consuming for me.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

I was a member of eBay Expressions for many, many years and never got paid for anything.

Thanks for confirming - that was the part that sounded wrong to me.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

ooops.sorry

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@kmaacp wrote:

This would be a great opportunity to have your say in upcoming developments on eBay. As a thank you for your time, you will receive a payment of $230 after the session.

-----

AFTER TRYING TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES , WE CALLED EBAY TODAY 1-31-2024 , WE WERE TOLD BY EBAY THAT THIS IS A SCAM AND THAT WE SHOULD FORWARD IT TO SPOOF AT EBAY , WE ARE JUST WONDERING IF OTHERS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CONCERN ?

Hmm... it might be a scam? eBay Expressions is real, however the messages are usually signed differently and typically surveys are unpaid. kyle@ebay ?

eBay Expressions emails usually come from a reply.ebay.com email address. Did you check the email address on the message @kmaacp ?

Hey @wastingtime101 there are times that Expressions will include payment.  It's not super common, in my experience, but it does happen.  So on that part alone, I wouldn't be too concerned.  But as you and @a_c_green mentioned, checking the address on the link and the address from where it was sent should give the best clues as to whether or not the email is really from us.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply