cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E bay has wrong shipping address for my buyer

Sold a Louis Vuitton item , over 1 k .. shipping address is incorrect .. Las Vegas , buyer is in NY.. I contacted buyer they don't know anyone in Las Vegas ?  Had I printed label this item would have gone to a wrong address ... Item is paid for but unsure where to send .. Unable to contact e bay as we all know they are impossible to reach by phone ... Pathetic   

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay doesn't have the wrong address.

Your buyer has the wrong address with ebay.

Ebay doesn't MAKE UP the address.

The address is provided by the buyer.

No need to call ebay.

Cancel the sale. Reason: Problem with buyers address.

Have your buyer correct their address with ebay.

Then they can re-purchase the item, this time with the correct address.

DO NOT just ship it to the address the buy is giving you!!!

If the buyer should file a "item not received" case, you will lose!!!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hey @darwen8. You need to read the communications from eBay. The Las Vegas address is for eBay's authentication center. They inspect the bag, authenticate (or reject) it, and if it passes then they send it to the buyer in New York.

What you need to do is send it where eBay is telling you to send it - print a label through the transaction on eBay. The correct address will auto-populate.

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ah the authentication center.

I never even thought of that.

Wouldn't the seller know about this?

How can you sell something and not know it's going to the authentication center?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Wouldn't the seller know about this?

How can you sell something and not know it's going to the authentication center?

🤷 eBay makes it pretty clear so your guess is as good as mine.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Your buyer is playing games with you.  The buyer verifies the ship to address at the time of ordering and is keeping their home ship to address current.  This is  true with every on-line  purchase we've ever made on eBay or any other site we bought stuff on - even on line  RX stuff.  Have had purchases  shipped to other address than our home address but we had to make that change BEFORE we  paid

Only ship to the address that eBay provided. otherwise you stand a  real good cance to loose you LV item and your $$.

Suggest  you cancel the order using  the reason "wrong address" and refund.  And then have your "buyer" repurchase with the correct ship to address..

My guess is this buyer communicated to you via your person e-mail vs thru eBay Messages. Only communicate thru eBay Messages.  eBay cannot read your personal e-mail communications.

Good Luck - it is better to be safe than sorry.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

As others mentioned this item goes through the authentication process. If you look at your listing you will see where that  is noted. There is a link below that describes the process. EBay is the one that has given you the address of the authentication center where you ship the bag. They authenticate it and repackage and send it to the buyer. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1673699521416.png

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-handbags/ 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply