cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-bay Motors Radio Commercials !

Since it is probably our main category we have been happy to hear the new E-bay Motors radio commercials. Maybe odd timing for them but I think they are actually pretty good as far as commercials go !

Happy Holidays !!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: E-bay Motors Radio Commercials !

@l5vw  I noticed in the December seller check in that they were talking a lot about the marketing efforts they have planned for Motors Parts & Accessories, glad to hear you are hearing some of those ads out in the wild!

If I had to guess, the timing might have more to do with the CEO wanting another notch in the vertical playbook belt that can be talked about for Q4 reporting than any particular holiday connection. 😉

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I haven't heard the ads, so I don't know if they attempted to tie auto parts into the Holidays, but basically, I'd agree with valueadded, they are taking the first steps in launching Auto Parts and Accessories as the next "Vertical" they are going to focus on.....so, like sneakers, Luxury handbags and watches and , of course, trading cards, I think we'll be hearing a lot about P&A in the New Year.....hopefully, for P&A sellers, the talk will also translate into profits for them.....

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

I haven't heard the ads, so I don't know if they attempted to tie auto parts into the Holidays, but basically, I'd agree with valueadded, they are taking the first steps in launching Auto Parts and Accessories as the next "Vertical" they are going to focus on.....so, like sneakers, Luxury handbags and watches and , of course, trading cards, I think we'll be hearing a lot about P&A in the New Year.....hopefully, for P&A sellers, the talk will also translate into profits for them.....

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  I thought it was interesting that Jordan mentioned in the check in how with sneakers, watches, hand bags, and trading cards the focus was on trust - with authentication being the main way they are trying to introduce more "trust" into the transaction- but for Parts & Accessories their focus is on fitment and making sure that buyers are able to find the right products for their needs.

Most of my professional eBay experience has been in Motors/P&A categories, though not ones where fitment was a critical issue. I do think for vehicle specific items they are on the right track that fitment is important (and not an easy nut to crack as it depends both on eBay getting the tech side of things right and sellers inputting correct info) but I hope that doesn't mean that some sub-categories within P&A that don't depend so much on fitment will be left out of the vertical strategy.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  I understand your concern, but I suspect he was mostly just trying to make the point that, while the verticals to date have been focused on authentication, that won't always be the focus for each vertical, they will focus on what they see as the pain points in a particular category, and try to correct them. I agree that the larger issue is going to be: can ebay get the data right for fitment? And how will they handle sellers who aren't inputting the correct data? My guess is----and its only a guess---they'll start with only certain makes and models, more popular and expensive vehicles....IF ebay can pre-fill the data (as they are doing with some trading cards, I think), that might be one way to deal with it (at least, part of the solution)

But I'd guess initially at least, certain makes, models, brands, etc won't be the prime focus....I think that's how they've handled the other Verticals as well.....Hopefully, eventually, all of P&A will benefit.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Another interesting piece of the P&A/fitment puzzle is that eBay actually owns a company called WHI Solutions that is all about auto parts and has catalog, fitment and compatibility software that is used by some big names like O'reilly, NAPA, Autozone, Walmart, Home Depot and more.

https://www.whisolutions.com/

So my guess is a lot of the vertical strategy for P&A is going to be finding ways to integrate that existing tech more into the current on site listing and search flows.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Well, that would seem to give them a head start in this endeavor....

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Who plays Dave in the Wipers commercial? I know he played a therapist on tv.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Just in the past couple of weeks, ebay motors was a presenting sponsor for two large events put on by Holley Performance, LSFest and MoParty.  Not sure about LSFest, but at MoParty there was signage up throughout the car show and ebay's name was all over the flyers and swag bags.  😊

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Zombie thread. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Peter Cambor, who played Barry on Grace & Frankie (fantastic show, BTW) and Nate on NCIS: LA (where he was a therapist).

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I’d like an MP3 of the Gooose in distress commercial!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply