cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreaded "see full item description" button again????

I suddenly started to see this abomination again on all items, including mine. What's going on, I thought they gave up this demented idea long time ago????

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

I also am now seeing it on my listings as of tonight. I agree it's an abomination. How do we get rid of it???

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

I'm trying to buy a used laptop, but separating the description makes it hard to know the specifics of what I'm buying. eBay puts in a huge "Detailed Item Info" box with generic pictures and autofilled specifications, but hides the "Full Item Description" specific to the thing I'm bidding on. So frustrating!

Message 3 of 120
latest reply

Unbeliveable, EBay are trying this again ! It shows on my listing too. Everybody hates it, why EBay keeps trying?  Whoever made this decision should be fired, long overdue !

Message 4 of 120
latest reply

Hi

Are you talking about on computer or mobile?

I see your items perfect on my laptop, But that's not to say that they can't be running another test that some are in .

Mobile your seller notes are taking up all the space with the description before I get to item specifics
and on mobile I always have to hit (item description) but with your description the words are crushed on top of all the pictures you have in that area, I can't even tell you how tiny your words in descrpition are.

I would say to me not mobile friendly .
And if you use the 1 mobile tester ebay gave us & try it on your casio watch item number you will see how it looks.
http://www.i-ways.net/mobile-friendly/en-us/

Message 5 of 120
latest reply

@labs118

I see it on yours. I see it on everyones. I see it on mine. I'm on a computer, Windows 10, latest Firefox.

I just want to say "EBAY I AM NOT YOUR LAB RAT" ....

Message 6 of 120
latest reply

@readabouthorses

@readabouthorses wrote:

@labs118

I see it on yours. I see it on everyones. I see it on mine. I'm on a computer, Windows 10, latest Firefox.

You see what?
Click to see descripition you mean?
I'm thinking that's what you mean since you don't want to be a lab rat Smiley Happy

If your seeing it then it has to be a test because I'm on windows 10 also but running Edge and not seeing it.

Message 7 of 120
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@readabouthorses

@readabouthorses wrote:

@labs118

You see what?
Click to see descripition you mean?
I'm thinking that's what you mean since you don't want to be a lab rat Smiley Happy

If your seeing it then it has to be a test because I'm on windows 10 also but running Edge and not seeing it.

Yes, I'm only seeing a short line of description and then the see full item description button which when you click it opens up a very generic page with only the complete description with no other information. 

I think they are sitting there at their computers just trying to come up with stuff to irritate us. And if I hear one more time "we need to make it mobile friendly" I'm going to vomit on my keyboard! LOL.

Message 8 of 120
latest reply

OMG don't vomit on your keyboard you know how hard it is to find a new one in search here   grinning
Sorry your in a test

Message 9 of 120
latest reply

I just got off the phone with eBay customer support. They told me to clear my brower history. Presto! Horrible "See Full Item Description" button is gone now. All is well.

Message 10 of 120
latest reply

@shopheroic wrote:

I just got off the phone with eBay customer support. They told me to clear my brower history. Presto! Horrible "See Full Item Description" button is gone now. All is well.

That tells me that you were in a test and by clearing browser history you deleted the thing that was triggering the test. Now lets see if it comes back again at some point for you.

Message 11 of 120
latest reply

I see it on mobile, but not desktop.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 12 of 120
latest reply

@pirate_snoopy wrote:

I see it on mobile, but not desktop.

I see it on desktop. Don't have a mobile.

Message 13 of 120
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

@shopheroic wrote:

That tells me that you were in a test and by clearing browser history you deleted the thing that was triggering the test. Now lets see if it comes back again at some point for you.

Or worse yet - let's see if it comes back for EVERYONE.

Clearing history worked for me too!

Message 15 of 120
latest reply