cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dr Seuss books

I made three listings yesterday for Dr. Seuss books. Two were taken down for offensive material and one for price gouging. Other listings for the same books are still active and at higher prices than mine. What is going on?

Are other sellers reporting listings to get them taken down to keep supply low prices high?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Dr Seuss books

Is this all Dr. Seuss books banned or just the 6 that the Seuss estate says will no longer be published?  I tried to list Scrambled Eggs Super! and was only told after I'd spent all that time taking pictures, etc., that I couldn't list it.  The very least they could do is put out an announcement somewhere, anywhere.   I figured I'd missed the deadline at midnight last night or something, yet someone else listed one today at 1:30 or so, with a weird item # though,  303911020207, does that have any significance?    And there are a bunch listed that are in Morocco. 

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

Dr Seuss books

Same for me - I assume the active ones will demise as editors get to them.  Is very bad for channels like ebay to do this based on some pc police changes - Dr. Seuss illos are cartoons and not intended or wanted to be taken at face value, they are CARTOONS.  ebay (as after market) should make their own decisions with their members as primary focus, not follow blindly the wishes of some publisher who caved on some activist input.  I still see little black sambo in the active listings.  ebay should be less granular as they are in effect assisting our descent to a "1984" society.

Message 32 of 36
latest reply

Dr Seuss books

We recently found a copy of Mulberry Street and tried to post it last night.  eBay wouldn't allow it.  But I note that about 40 copies were listed just today (March 10).  We tried "Have one to sell?  Sell now", basing on an existing/successful one, different book categories (collectible, youth, etc.) but still cannot get ours posted.

I've tried searching Google/etc. on whether there's uneven enforcement going on, but I only get results that eBay is de-listing these titles, and that it may (ostensibly) take some time.  But now, a few days later, there are apparently new listings still going up.  Does anyone know why the enforcement of initial posting appears to be uneven?  Thanks!

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

Dr Seuss books

mine ended and then was not able to relist.. yet so many others are still out there and selling.. someone has a gripe with me I guess.. same happened with a Chanel purse.. absolutely genuine yet removed.. 

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

Dr Seuss books

Anybody who says "lighten up buttercup" needs to lighten up themselves... Who put you in charge..

Message 35 of 36
latest reply

Dr Seuss books

I had a similar problem with a horror movie. It was taken down and I was told it was too offensive and too disturbing.

According to who? Where is the line drawn between acceptable Horror and unacceptable horror?

Message 36 of 36
latest reply