cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading store

Hi all,

I have just downgraded my store from Anchor to premium. However, reading over the agreement between ebay and myself, I believe the store subscription fees will overlap each other.

My current anchor subscription ends Dec 1st, 2019

My new premium store subscription starts Dec 1st, 2019

However, my current anchor store is still paid for through Dec 15th, 2019

On the subscription page it states that my new premium store subscription starts being billed at the start of the subscription which states Dec 1st, 2019

Is it safe to assume i'm going to be double charged for the days between Dec 1st - Dec 15th for both an anchor store and premium store? Especially reading below the check mark at the top where it specially states, "You'll be billed for your current Store until Nov 30, 2019 and the new Store will become active after that." 

ebay.jpg

ebay1.jpg

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Downgrading store

I've seen @mam98031 answer questions like this, maybe she can help.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

Store Subscriptions work on a calendar month, I don't think you can have one that has a billing period end on the 15th.

You can get more info on this page which gives examples for both end of month and 15th of the month billing periods:

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

Is your store a yearly subscription or monthly?  That is really important because if you are signed up for a yearly subscription you really should wait until your subscriptions ends.  Well 30+ days before it ends, cancel the yearly subscription.  Then once you are on a monthly, then downgrade.

If you need to verify which you have, go to Manage Your Store.  Then on the left side of your screen the second option from the bottom reads Manage Subscriptions.  Click on that.  The next screen will tell you if you have a yearly subscription and when the renewal date is.

Manage Store - Subscription.JPG

On this next screen that tells you what you currently have there is a button that says Change Subscription.  You can click on that just to review information.  You aren't committing yourself to anything yet.  But there is some good information on this page.  And if you drop all the way down the page, on the left side there is also a link so you can review the policy on early termination fees.

You don't need to worry about Ebay double billing for your store level.  You can only have one store per account, so there is no way for them to do that.  The link below should help you further understand the process.    

When you downgrade a store, it isn't immediate.  And it takes time for the change to go through.  So don't expect it to happen immediately upon your request.  It doesn't work that way.  It would be the next billing period , however if you were to do it today, it isn't going to start December 1st, it would be January 1st.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

My yearly subscription for anchor store ends tonight, so I downgraded. I certainly didn't want to pay early termination fees. As of now, I am on a monthly plan. I'm just hoping that when the first of the month hits that i'll still have my anchor store as it was still paid for through Dec 15th. I had to downgrade when I did to avoid another yearly contract according to the ebay email I received.  I'm just hoping they won't start charging me for the premium store starting tomorrow as that's when my previous subscription ends, but not when my anchor store ends. Hope that makes sense.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

@simply_toyz wrote:

My yearly subscription for anchor store ends tonight, so I downgraded. I certainly didn't want to pay early termination fees. As of now, I am on a monthly plan. I'm just hoping that when the first of the month hits that i'll still have my anchor store as it was still paid for through Dec 15th. I had to downgrade when I did to avoid another yearly contract according to the ebay email I received.  I'm just hoping they won't start charging me for the premium store starting tomorrow as that's when my previous subscription ends, but not when my anchor store ends. Hope that makes sense.

You are likely to have another month in the Anchor store as they can't turn that around that fast.

Well call me confused.  If your subscription ends tonight, how and why does your store go to the 15th.  Typically  those dates are the same.

Downgrading does not change you to a monthly store verses a yearly subscription unless you made that change.

As I explained before there is only one store per account.  So Ebay won't be charging your for an Anchor store and a Premium store at the same time.  

I'm apparently not explaining stuff very well for you.  And that happens sometimes.  I'm going to tag the thread so one of the guys can stop by and help you and most likely explain things better than I can.  They don't return until Monday, so it will be early next week before they pop in.

tyler@ebay 

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

Well according to ebay, I am now a premium store as of midnight. I know this because my promotions went from 10,000 free GTC to 1,000 free GTC. So the two weeks that I had left of my anchor store are just gone apparently? That equates to half the value of Anchor store ($150 already paid) for a service I no longer have. I assume that my store is now being charged the premium store fee starting today. That would mean I AM getting charged now for an anchor store (already paid) and premium store (to be paid on next invoice).

Because they already removed all the benefits of an anchor store that I had remaining on my store, I should be due a $150 credit as far as i'm concerned.  As for why they bill the the anchor store in the middle of the month? I am not sure, but I have had an anchor store for at least 5-6 years. Perhaps that played a part.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

As noted above, Store subscriptions go by calendar month, even when a seller's invoicing is on the 15th. So if you cancel a Store during its final month (which you did with minutes to spare) then that takes effect on the first day of the next calendar month regardless of the invoicing.

The Stores TOS has lots of examples, but I can't quite figure out what applies to your situation. Specifically, whether the $150 that you were billed in mid-November was for your November allotment or December, or for the 30 days starting on your invoice date.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

I attached a screenshot of my November bill in my original message and I was charged for an anchor store at $299.95 for November 16 - December 15th. Which makes sense as ebay always charges a month in advance, but my anchor store did not last until Dec 15th. Instead it was immediately replaced with the premium store starting Dec 1st. That means I lost 15 days of my anchor store that I already paid for on my November invoice. That equates to exactly half a months bill ($150.00) prorated out.

I looked and my store subscription bill has always been added at the middle of the month when my invoice was due. I always thought that was strange as it jumped my bill right before it was due by $299.95. My October bill states my ebay store subscription for Oct 16th - Nov 15th as well.  I would assume that if the fee were from the beginning of the month to the end it would look more like Nov 1st - Nov 30th, but it does not and never has. At least for me.

That's why I posted to these forums as the information ebay has conflicts with my bill. It would seem from other posters that my account is not of the norm. Perhaps, because my anchor store was open for 6+ years that they did subscriptions differently then. Unless I am reading something wrong on my bills I'm not sure what's going on. It's pretty hard to interpret my screenshot any other way than saying my anchor doesn't expire until the 15th of December. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

But one thing that is completely clear in the TOS examples is that all changes in subscriptions take effect on the first day of the calendar month regardless of invoice date.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

From the TOS:

• If you have a yearly subscription and you cancel your Store in the last calendar month of your subscription term:
    • You’re billed at the current subscription fee rate for the calendar month during which you canceled.
    • You receive Stores benefits corresponding to the current subscription until the end of the calendar month during which you canceled.
    • Starting the next calendar month, you pay standard fees for any new listings.

This sort of implies that the amount on the November 15 invoice was for the calendar month of November. Or maybe there's something that goes back to your very first, pro-rated subscription month.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

This explains my scenario from the TOS

If you receive your invoices mid-month:

May 10, 2018 You sign up for a yearly Stores subscription.

Your Stores benefits start immediately, including your ZIF allotment for the month of May. May 16, 2018

On your first Stores bill, you’re billed for:

• The Prorated Period (May 10 through May 15)
  • The First Full Invoice Month (May 16 through June 15)

So if that's the case and I cancel my subscription at the end of the month. Am I not essentially losing half a month of my store? Especially if ebay prorates the store fees from the day you open your store to when my invoice generates during the middle of the month. Then ebay charges you for the next 30 days in advance as well on the same invoice (as shown in the TOS example) which would be from the 16th - 15th. Even the example shows middle of month like my bill states and that the 16th - 15th counts as an entire month in regards to a store. 

I understand the invoice I have says November, but it shows that the store is valid from November 16th - December 15th. 

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

Yeah, that's the part where I got confused.  I'm pretty sure that 'invoice month" is not the same as "store month." 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

There should be a refund on your next bill for the 15 days of the anchor store not used or cancelled that you paid for on your last bill

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Downgrading store

I believe that the $150 will be a credit towards your premium store.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply