cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know a better site to sell baseball cards and sports things without these crazy fees

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Does anyone know a better site to sell baseball cards and sports things without these crazy fees

There may be those that do, but it is against Board rules to direct you to other sites. Sorry... and good luck.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I've heard that yard sales don't have any crazy fees at all.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Less fees with the same exposure and equivalent or higher sale prices?

I’d say none…

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

What's a "crazy fee"?

10%?

11%?

12%?

13%?

14%?

15%?

16%?

17%?

18%?

19%?

20%?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I don't know WHY people think selling on the internet should be free. My plumber, electrician, and other service providers, do NOT work for free, nor would I expect them to. 

I have yet to run into an auction house that does not charge both a buyer's premium AND a seller's premium. They sure are not doing it for free. 

You are asking eBay to use the platform they built, asking them to process your payment, asking them to provide you an easy way to ship the items, and asking them to stand behind you in the case of fraud. Yet those seller fees seem ridiculous? Uh, maybe you need to build your own platform, with your own money and time, and get back to us how eBay's fees are too high. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@farmalljr wrote:

I don't know WHY people think selling on the internet should be free.  

Selling on the internet is free. 

But selling on someone else's internet site is not. 

🙂

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

If you looky, you might 👀 see..

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

This is true. I have tried selling stuff cheap on a local list site. I could almost give it away, but no response. Yet I can sell the same thing here for 2 to 5 times what I price it at on the list site. Even with the occasional issue, Ebay is better for me (for car parts) and I'm willing to bet for alot of other stuff too. 

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

I hear Ebay motor ads on the radio. I see them on TV. As a seller of car parts, I trust Ebay knows what they are doing to get exposure and higher sales prices than I can get elsewhere 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@jkkujo18sj2 wrote:

e9idafjdsipofjidasjfijasidjfioadsipofjpioadsjpifjpidsojg9.jpg

Have you looked into doing the eBay Vault?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Can't talk about other selling venues here.  Breaks the rules and the mods would remove it anyway.  Any venue that has buyers will not be all that cheap and the ones that are have few buyers.

Table space at big card shows is not cheap either.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Every card specialty site is a race to the bottom where people sell cards for pennies and you basically have to have the lowest price on the site to get a sale.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

In my opinion, I think most people do not mind the selling fees.  It's the other fees that are attached that are a ripoff.  Such as taking a % of the S/H.  They provide absolutely ZERO service for that fee!  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

No place online is free. Even the various Twitter groups (there are a bunch) rely on PayPal for secure exchanges of funds, which incur PayPal fees. And sales on Twitter are few and far.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply