cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a listed name to ship to as Not Real I'm Sorry qualify for problem with buyer's address?

Their ID is a combination of their listed address name of "not real, I'm sorry", but it goes to a real address in NJ. I sent a message asking if they really want the item or not, and have not received a response yet. I sent an invoice, but I'm wondering if I can cancel and relist my item due to problem with buyer's address. It's an account with no feedback, and created in Jan 21.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Does a listed name to ship to as Not Real I'm Sorry qualify for problem with buyer's address?

You could try cancelling using "bad address".    Because you already sent invoice that you may have to wait 5 days (to allow buyer to pay) and then cancel transaction.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I'm not sure if this is the case here, but some buyers can get pretty creative with the name field for their shipping address. I have a regular customer who always puts "Bacon Bacon" as their name, and another one who puts "2theGr8est Gamur".  

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I get plenty of buyers that put crazy fake names on their accounts or address. What has my spidey senses tingling after reading your post is the name "Not real, I'm sorry" - is the address a reshipper? What's the value of the item?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I've never sold a thing that did not have a real name. With that said I would cancel asap.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Not a reshipper. A nice house. The item is not worth much. With shipping and taxes, it's just under $50. I don't think I'm getting paid 😕 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

They haven't even paid yet so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Wait to see what happens.

1. If they don't pay then you can cancel the order in 5 days.
  2. If they do pay, then you may see a real name come through on the shipping address with payment.
  3. Add them to your BBL. It could be a competitor or an unhappy buyer messing with you - not planning to pay but tying up your item and your time.
GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

You could cancel, citing problem with buyer's address.

But, if you don't think you're getting paid, why worry about the shipping address?

Has it been at least 48 hours since the sale? 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

What soh.maryl said!

But, since you've already taken the time to search the address and you still seem to be concerned, you could check the property tax records for the address. Some of the realtor websites will provide a direct link to them (they're public), even when the property isn't for sale. At the very least, they'll have enough info that you'll be able to determine where to look to find that on your own (county, property ID, etc.) I had to do it once and found out that my buyer lived at an abandoned factory owned by a large corporation in PA. 🙄 Cancelled for problem with address, added buyer to BBL and found out just recently that that account was suspended.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

A) Ship it to the address provided by ebay. If there is a problem, it's not your fault. You will not be held responsible.  

B) If you're that concerned about it, just cancel the transaction. Reason: Problem with address

Aloha,

James

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

"A) Ship it to the address provided by ebay. If there is a problem, it's not your fault. You will not be held responsible.

B) If you're that concerned about it, just cancel the transaction. Reason: Problem with address"

They haven't been paid yet so they have no ship to address.

At the present time they have no valid reason to cancel the transaction.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@eunster1313 wrote:

"A) Ship it to the address provided by ebay. If there is a problem, it's not your fault. You will not be held responsible.

B) If you're that concerned about it, just cancel the transaction. Reason: Problem with address"

They haven't been paid yet so they have no ship to address.

At the present time they have no valid reason to cancel the transaction.

The thing is "problem with address" can be interpreted many ways.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Yeah I've decided to wait and cancel on the normal new timeline. Was trying to squeak as many sales through PayPal as I could before the big switch to managed payments this week. Wanted auctions ending on Sunday so canceling now is pointless. 

Dumb way to screw up my stuff though. I can see the associated address on the invoice and would hope my reporting the buyer if necessary would tie to other accounts at that address? Probably doesn't even matter if they're only buyers ☹

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Did the buyer purchase for the order?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

They have the winning bid but haven't paid. When I sent the invoice, the buyer's name was "not real, I'm sorry'. 

So I don't think I'm getting paid. Still no reply to my message either. Auction ended Sunday.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply