cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 'Reply with offer' generate any record of doing so?

Over in my selling account I had a question from a buyer (Ebay message) and responded by clicking the 'Reply with offer' button to offer a 10% discount on the item he was asking about. I am now noticing that I cannot find any record of doing so.

That reply is not in my Sent folder and there is no copy sent to the email account tied to my selling account. The Reply with offer form has no checkbox for sending a copy to your own email address and it apparently does not do so by default.

The only way I can verify that the offer was even sent in the first place is to try sending it again. At that point I get an error message saying that an offer is already pending so I cannot send another.

This is silly. Am I missing something? I have no record of what was offered or who it went to. The original buyer message does not even show that I replied to it at all. Do I need to start scribbling down offers on a piece of paper?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does 'Reply with offer' generate any record of doing so?

Hi!

No ? is silly!     They should have a record.  How else would someone know if the buyer was "playing" with you.😊🦃

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Does 'Reply with offer' generate any record of doing so?

@itsjustasprain wrote:

This is silly. Am I missing something? I have no record of what was offered or who it went to. The original buyer message does not even show that I replied to it at all. Do I need to start scribbling down offers on a piece of paper?

I'm not 100% sure on this because I don't have any currently active offers, but my recollection is that if you go to your Active Listings view and look at the "Quick Filters" area at the top, there will be a filter called something like "Offers Sent". If you click that, you'll see only the listings with active offers, and there's some way to view the offer details, maybe on the "Actions" drop-down next to the listing. I can't duplicate this right now because I think those options only appear if you have offers in play. I know there's some way to see the offer details, because I was puzzled by this in the past and I eventually figured it out. It's definitely not as obvious as it should be.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply