cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Anyone Understand The-Send Offers To buyers?

Been around eBay a long time.  The Send Offer to Buyers has worked for me, but I don't understand the limited amount of items to select from.  I have about 750 listings, but my Send Offers are at 13 items.  I have 31 outstanding offers.  Curious if anyone has an explanation as to the reason for the limited number of items to select from.  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does Anyone Understand The-Send Offers To buyers?

You can only send offers to items that have watchers, and then only if those watchers haven't opted out (or have opted in, I'm not sure which way it works) to receiving offers from sellers. You can also obviously only send offers to each watcher once, so once you've sent offers for a particular item, they'll  disappear until you get new watchers that allow offers.  We generally see up to 10% of our listings available to send offers at max, often far less.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You can only send offers to items that have watchers, and then only if those watchers haven't opted out (or have opted in, I'm not sure which way it works) to receiving offers from sellers. You can also obviously only send offers to each watcher once, so once you've sent offers for a particular item, they'll  disappear until you get new watchers that allow offers.  We generally see up to 10% of our listings available to send offers at max, often far less.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@budstewart wrote:

my Send Offers are at 13 items.  I have 31 outstanding offers. 

Wait, you can see the offers you've sent? Can @budstewart you share the URL link, or how to get to that page?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Send Offers - SENT.PNGJust as there is an option to send offers (Send Offer - eligible), there is another option titled (Send Offers - sent.)

This is my posting user ID.
I have different user IDs for selling, buying and posting.
NOTE: Responders are eBay users like you that volunteer to help other users. We are not compensated by eBay.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I'm not so sure that the number of watchers has any bearing on the number of "Send offers"   I can do at any given moment.   

For instance,    This account has 843 listings,    259 watchers,   45 listings eligible for "Send offer"   

I admit that I'm clueless as to how eBay decides who can receive an offer.     

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

At the top of the Listing page is a tap that reads:  Send Offers-Sent.  It shows offers currently outstanding.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

All of what you said makes sense.  Thanks very much.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I didn't say anything about how many watchers is how many offers you can send.

I was responding to haha's question about how to view offers sent.

However, as already stated, watchers WILL receive an offer a seller sends unless they have disabled that option.  Some users got tired of receiving offers for items they watched so they went to their Communication Preferences and changed the option.

This is my posting user ID.
I have different user IDs for selling, buying and posting.
NOTE: Responders are eBay users like you that volunteer to help other users. We are not compensated by eBay.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply