cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you feel special? I'm just trying to find the truth with Ebay, but I still can't.

Hi. Do you feel special? I do. Ebay helps me to feel very special. If you already checking my account, you can see that I'm "power seller" with few hundred positive feedbacks and only 1 negative. More than that, you can see why I was trying to sell my items on Ebay - to collect funds for my blind dog. But... looks like there are a lot of "blind" people, who need urgent help. I'm talking about Ebay support workers, who restrict my account for selling digital goods (Oh, yes! I'm bad guy! Very bad, super bad guy! Torture me and punish me!), while not restricting accounts with thousands listings of digital goods. How's that? A miracle! A pure miracle! 

Know what's funny? hehe When you will contact and ask the Ebay workers why they do not take actions against accounts with thousands digital item listings, they say.... "You must report each item and we will investigate it"  Isn't this a miracle?! It's pure one! 1000+ listings on account and 100% of them are breaking Ebay rules. Your action Ebay? Let's investigate each! And after fake investigation (they actually do not check FAT accounts) do not take action 😃 Lovely!

How to call this? hmmm Will I be right if I will say that Ebay workers lied to me about the reason they restricted my account? Yes! Same items have been sold almost each day on FAT accounts even if you will report them billion times. Ebay, why I am so special? Maybe something is wrong with my blind dog? Not blind enough? 

Answer me please. I just trying to find the truth behind all your workers lies. All these cool stories. Answer me please, why I am so special? Or let's do HUGE, very interesting investigation on reddit and other media about tonns of digital goods which are now, right at this moment listed on Ebay (that breaks Ebay rules if you remember. Do you? Looks like you don't). Amount of transactions? Huge! Few hundred millions USA dollars each month? I think it's way more. I think it's freaking deadly interesting how is that possible that Ebay allows some people to break Ebay's rules and sell HUGE amount of BREAKING EBAY'S RULES items? Miiiiiraaaacleee?!

Message 1 of 156
latest reply
155 REPLIES 155

Do you feel special? I'm just trying to find the truth with Ebay, but I still can't.

Talking about respect heh? Seriosly?! Ebay support workers lie in their messages and hiding truth. Do you call this respect?

Message 106 of 156
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@gamer_for_gamers wrote:

Hi. Do you feel special? I do. Ebay helps me to feel very special. If you already checking my account, you can see that I'm "power seller" with few hundred positive feedbacks and only 1 negative. More than that, you can see why I was trying to sell my items on Ebay - to collect funds for my blind dog. But... looks like there are a lot of "blind" people, who need urgent help. I'm talking about Ebay support workers, who restrict my account for selling digital goods (Oh, yes! I'm bad guy! Very bad, super bad guy! Torture me and punish me!), while not restricting accounts with thousands listings of digital goods. How's that? A miracle! A pure miracle! 

Know what's funny? hehe When you will contact and ask the Ebay workers why they do not take actions against accounts with thousands digital item listings, they say.... "You must report each item and we will investigate it"  Isn't this a miracle?! It's pure one! 1000+ listings on account and 100% of them are breaking Ebay rules. Your action Ebay? Let's investigate each! And after fake investigation (they actually do not check FAT accounts) do not take action 😃 Lovely!

How to call this? hmmm Will I be right if I will say that Ebay workers lied to me about the reason they restricted my account? Yes! Same items have been sold almost each day on FAT accounts even if you will report them billion times. Ebay, why I am so special? Maybe something is wrong with my blind dog? Not blind enough? 

Answer me please. I just trying to find the truth behind all your workers lies. All these cool stories. Answer me please, why I am so special? Or let's do HUGE, very interesting investigation on reddit and other media about tonns of digital goods which are now, right at this moment listed on Ebay (that breaks Ebay rules if you remember. Do you? Looks like you don't). Amount of transactions? Huge! Few hundred millions USA dollars each month? I think it's way more. I think it's freaking deadly interesting how is that possible that Ebay allows some people to break Ebay's rules and sell HUGE amount of BREAKING EBAY'S RULES items? Miiiiiraaaacleee?!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to step in and clarify that we are always working to review the site for possible listing issues and while we are not able to catch everything with our filters, we also do not rely solely on member reports. When you see something concerning, you are welcome to report this to us for review and we will use this information to improve so we can keep the site as safe as possible. Though I cannot go into detail as to what we look for with these kinds of concerns, I assure everyone that nobody is targeted over anyone else and we have teams that work around the clock reviewing listings for removal and appropriate education.

On the specific subject of digital goods, check out: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html for more information on how to list these appropriately.

Trinton, while I appreciate that this may be your desire, unfortunately reports are not being acted upon.

When sellers continue to disregard the May 1st of last year rules regarding fine jewelry and continue to list CZ with diamond in the title and in the diamond category or an enhanced diamond without putting it in the title or the proper category, I know that nothing is being done, despite continuous reports.  Some are just adding an S to their name or are  opening up new accounts with impunity.

So I can see how the OP has become frustrated that some do habitually get away with disregarding the rules, over and over again.

Message 107 of 156
latest reply

You've gotten answers and you don't like them. Go ahead and keep ranting. Again, it's not going to change a thing. Bye now.

Message 108 of 156
latest reply

You really don't know how the real world works, Do you, honestly?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 109 of 156
latest reply

I agree it can be frustrating. But to expect an answer other than that already given by eBay is unrealistic. And to continue ranting, well...

Message 110 of 156
latest reply

I have no idea what you are trying to say. Seriosly. I came here with my story and said that I'm bad, ugly person who was breaking Ebay rules. And only one thing is weird for me is that Ebay workers lie to me claiming that their rules are same for all users. I really don't know why you all are trying to troll here and flaming.

Message 111 of 156
latest reply

The answer is sooner or later the other offenders will get caught too, maybe not as fast as you would like, but it will eventually happen.  Sure, others will pop up in the meantime, but it won't be a lasting business for them either.

Message 112 of 156
latest reply

@takikawa4 wrote:

I agree it can be frustrating. But to expect an answer other than that already given by eBay is unrealistic. And to continue ranting, well...

While I totally agree that in this case ranting is like hitting your head against a brick wall, Trinton's explanation does not tell the whole truth, imo, that reports from certain people highly outweigh those from others and that CS is dropping the ball on many of them.

Message 113 of 156
latest reply

@rschissler wrote:

The answer is sooner or later the other offenders will get caught too, maybe not as fast as you would like, but it will eventually happen.  Sure, others will pop up in the meantime, but it won't be a lasting business for them either.

I can tell you from experience that the same sellers continue to do this with impunity in the fine jewelry categories.  I report, they are removed , only to pop up again and again under the same name or different ones that I can see are the same people under multiple acounts.

I even brought them to the attention of Alan as reqested, and they just put up another bunch of man made stones in the diamond categories with diamond in the title.

There are 3 or 4 big name drop shippers under multiple accounts that have been and are getting away with it.

Message 114 of 156
latest reply

Not a troll or flaming.
We all know the rules are never the same for everyone in the world. That's just common knowledge.
So you're ranting for the sake of ranting. There isn't anyone, that I know that likes all the rules here or anywhere for that matter. It's called life. Life isn't fair, but you make the best out of it.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 115 of 156
latest reply

Do you understand what I'm talking about here? If you think that I'm so crazy, mad person who is just unleashing his madness here, read Emerald40's comments in this thread.

Just today Ebay support worker answered me via email about my question. Here is what he says in shorten - if you see seller, who is breaking Ebay rules - report his listing, which is breaking Ebay rules and we will perform investigation, it will take time, but we will remove his breaking Ebay rules listing. Cool story... The question is - Why you remove only one listing (sellers actually just relist it...) and do nothing about the whole account IF that account is HUGE? If it's some small/newbie account - Ebay just bans it 😃 HUGE account - is ignored. WHY?! Same rules for all?! But these HUGE accounts have HUGE amount of listing and EACH! EACH their listing is breaking Ebay rules! More than that! These HUGE accounts continue to work for years already so all comments here about "Someday they will be punished as well" is and opinion of newbies or people who has NO IDEA what's Ebay is hiding here!

Message 116 of 156
latest reply

I think the point people are trying to get across here is that whether you are right or wrong about eBay treating different sellers differently does not matter. You can rant until you are blue in the face, but it is not going to change the system. It won't change anything but your stress levels.

Even if an eBay rep told you flat out that you are correct because it's what you want to hear, that is not going to reinstate your account, it is not going to change the way the site is run, it's not going to change anything.

So rant away, but know that it's all for naught.

Message 117 of 156
latest reply

Again, I agree that OP is not going to get anything accomplished other than to make himself ill, but again imo Trinton's explanation is disingenuous.

For many of us reporting is a waste of time, so for him to continue to suggest that does make some of us bonkers when we know it is not true.

Message 118 of 156
latest reply

@emerald40 wrote:

Again, I agree that OP is not going to get anything accomplished other than to make himself ill, but again imo Trinton's explanation is disingenuous.

For many of us reporting is a waste of time, so for him to continue to suggest that does make some of us bonkers when we know it is not true.

Fully Agree Emerald...once again.

Ah but it would be so much better for someone with credibility to confront ebay about this...oh yeh maybe that's already happened...ok backing up the horse here...

I am certain that ebay is more prone to give a violator of the rules a more canned disingenuous answer, don't you think.

Aside from the answer given...I am surprised Trinton even chose to address this OP when so many other excellent sellers have been treated like noise...maybe this posters noise has risen to an octave that they have never heard.

Mr C

Message 119 of 156
latest reply

Well, if you were selling digital goods that don't belong to you, that's why. You have to own the digital items. It's illegal in the US to sell game accounts, e books you have written etc..
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 120 of 156
latest reply