cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we still get the $30 quarterly promoted listings discount?

In the past I would receive an email telling me about my "free money", in other words that I had up to $30 that I can use towards my promoted listings fees.  I haven't received my email this past quarter and just remembered about it and we have 2 months left in the quarter.  So is it still available and like the shipping supplies coupon we just don't get an email anymore, or have they stopped doing this?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Do we still get the $30 quarterly promoted listings discount?

The $30 per quarter credit is still available to TRS sellers.  eBay is no longer sending emails about free shipping supplies and credits toward promoted listings ... they are still available, but no reminders.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The $30 per quarter credit is still available to TRS sellers.  eBay is no longer sending emails about free shipping supplies and credits toward promoted listings ... they are still available, but no reminders.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Not getting a reminder about the shipping supplies coupon isn't so bad because you can go see that it's there or not, but not getting a reminder about the promoted listings makes me wonder if one day they'll just decide to not do the credit anymore and not say anything and we're expecting it and we get stuck paying for them.  So that's why I wanted to make sure.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Came to ask same...

This chart of store tiers/fees looks like basic store subscribers no longer get?

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html#m22_tb_a2__2

Looking at my invoices, I don't see my credit for the last month or two.....but the way they do it is so convoluted, it's hard to tell for sure. 

Where do sellers go exactly to see the accounting of the promoted fees...ie: how much given/how much used up? 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

For the credit, on your invoice, towards the top under "Account Summary", you should see a section for "Discounts and credits".  This should have the portion that was credited back to you.  Remember, it takes a month to be credited.  My promoted listings that sold in January were credited on my February invoice.  Also in that same area, under "New Fees", you should see a line item for "Promoted listing fees".  These are the fees for the items that were sold that month (and for which should be credited the following month).  So on my February statement, these are the fees charged for what sold in February and should be credited back on my March statement.

I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thanks! That is how I do it, but just can't figure out why no credits in march or April.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Do your February and March statements show something in the "Promoted listing fees" line item?

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Yes, both.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Well then maybe they stopped the credit?  I would suggest calling them and finding out because I just started a campaign May 1 for the 2nd Quarter and if we don't get the credit anymore I'd like to know so I can cancel my campaign.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Exactly! I'll try to call oin the next day or two. If I get any good information I'll come back and let you know. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I just checked my statements.  I have a fee in January and the credit for it in February.  I have a fee in February and a credit in March.  The "Account Summary" at the top of teh statement shows all total credits.  When I scroll down under the "Credits" section, you may have "Transaction Credits" and "Miscellaneous Credits".  This "Miscellaneous Credits" section is where it shows the promotion fee credit as an "Invoice Credit" for the amount of the fee.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Yep, got that far.  The only thing I can think of is if I used up my $30 credit for the quarter? But I keep looking at it and I do not see that I did.  However, it is so convoluted the way they do it, and don't explain it  anywhere, that I'm not 100% sure. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Thanks, I was about to start a thread about this.  I just got my TRS back last month and received the email about promoted listings.

My question is:  Do I just go ahead and try some promoted listings and then will get automatically refunded on the next month's bill, or do I have to do something to to accept it like with the extra listings promotions?  Thanks!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

The email should have the directions, but all you need to do is just start a campaign and anything you sell one month should be credited back the following month.  I've only sold a couple of things through the promoted listings, but it's better then nothing.  I list a few things and make sure that the dollar value adds up to $30 on the off-chance that I should happen to sell everything I'm promoting that quarter.  I think next quarter I will probably list less things so I can make the value higher to give them a better chance of selling.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

The answer is no, as far as I can tell - only anchor and enterprise get a $25 discount.

Ebay included promoted listings to get everyone used to it and assumes they will continue - or else there is zero visibility. So pretty much fees have increased for everyone just a different way of going about it.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/run-your-store/subscriptions-and-fees.html#m22_tb_a2__2

Message 15 of 17
latest reply