cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Buyers/Potential Buyers Put Items in Cart Before Actually Buying? Why Would They Do This???

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone may have some feedback on the following situation.

I've received an offer from Ebay advising people have some of my items in their carts.

This has totally confused me because in my mind, I personally don't put anything in a shipping cart

unless I'm about to buy.

Do potential buyers actually place items in their shopping cart while they are contemplating their purchase? In my mind, this type of shopper would 'watch' an item but not put it in their cart.

Any feedback greatly appreciated if this is a common practice for bidders/buyers:

Putting items in the shopping cart while they 'consider' their purchase.

Thanks for any feedback and hope you have a great weekend coming up!

🙂

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Do Buyers/Potential Buyers Put Items in Cart Before Actually Buying? Why Would They Do This???

They’re saved for later but still in my cart as opposed to on one of my wishlists

Message 46 of 51
latest reply

Re: Do Buyers/Potential Buyers Put Items in Cart Before Actually Buying? Why Would They Do This???

@dairywyfewrote:

I buy on amazon at least 2-3x/week.  But how do you have 500 items in your cart? Everytime you want to buy one/some of the items, do you have to "save the rest for later?" That would make me crazy!!! lol! (I didn't know you could buy SOME items in your Amazon cart and not others)?!?!

After the first time you save something for later, that becomes the default option every time you go through checkout until you actively remove it, either by deletion or purchase.

Message 47 of 51
latest reply

I usually run out of space in my want list and so then the extra item goes into my cart. which can be a hassle particularly when I go to check out using my cart to combine the items to use my Paypal Buyer's credit..

Somehow it works for me!

Message 48 of 51
latest reply

Hi, I’m a buyer and a seller on Ebay I put items in my cart that I am gonna buy 99% if the time. Items I watch are items I’m not sure of but may buy. I usually put items in my cart and either wait a day or two to see if a better deal comes up or if I’m waiting for payment from a sale and want to use my own money from eBay sales Instead  of my personal bank account. That way my husband doesn’t complain if I’m buying ••• in his eyes••• useless stuff! Idk if other people do this kind of thing, but if I put something in my cart. It’s because I intend on buying it within a week. 

Message 49 of 51
latest reply

@kingofthecelts wrote:

Hi There,

I'm hoping someone may have some feedback on the following situation.

I've received an offer from Ebay advising people have some of my items in their carts.

This has totally confused me because in my mind, I personally don't put anything in a shipping cart

unless I'm about to buy.

Do potential buyers actually place items in their shopping cart while they are contemplating their purchase? In my mind, this type of shopper would 'watch' an item but not put it in their cart.

Any feedback greatly appreciated if this is a common practice for bidders/buyers:

Putting items in the shopping cart while they 'consider' their purchase.

Thanks for any feedback and hope you have a great weekend coming up!

🙂

My wife my wife and I share an A__ Prime account. And she does this ALL THE TIME. It annoys the bejesus out of me. How am I supposed to buy something now when the cart is full with all this other stuff? Do I buy it along with my one item?? No idea what my wife is thinking or why she doesn't move it to a watchlist. I asked her if she wanted me to buy them along with my item, and she becomes undecided.

Is it kinda like not worthy enough to be on a watchlist? Guess she likes tying up the checkout. But OP, to answer you... yes, a lot of people definitely do this. Crazy people if you ask me, haha. No offense to the crazies out there... it's your cart and you can do what you please.

Message 50 of 51
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 51 of 51
latest reply