cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't Know That Cancelled GTC Items Vanish From eBay Like They Never Existed

Is this the way it has always been?

I was looking up some of my old GTC items, but they no longer exist, as though they never existed once I cancel them.

I believed that people could find them under completed and, if interested, make an offer or ask that I relist it.

However, that is impossible if they vanish when I cancel them to prevent them rolling over.

Is this a glitch or has it always been this way?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

have you checked your "Deleted" file? Deleted items are saved for 60 days.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

I was looking up some of my old GTC items, but they no longer exist, as though they never existed once I cancel them.

I believed that people could find them under completed and, if interested, make an offer or ask that I relist it.

However, that is impossible if they vanish when I cancel them to prevent them rolling over.

It's always been that way. Every time you "end a listing", a buyer isn't able to purchase it. That's the actual point to ending a listing... which is what you call cancelling. If a buyer sees your completed "ended" listing, they would have to find your relisted one in order to buy it... that's IF you have a relisted one.

I've ended listings that I sold out of the inventory and have had buyers message me if I still have any for sale. I just tell them I'm all out.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I tried searching for one of your unsold listings, and it shows up in a keyword search for completed items.  eBay doesn't remove them until after 90 days. You can access them from your completed listings list for 60 days.

Buyers can't make an offer on an ended listing, but they can contact you and ask if you will relist it. Although, this has been relisted, so they are more likely to buy or contact you from the active listing.

image.png

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol 

Hope this helps...if you are still using the Classic eBay and not Seller Hub, it will not show what you have ended. But if you do a switch to the Hub from your Classic Seller Summary, they are all there. Then you need to do a switch back to Classic.  I am also finding that once I do the switch from Classic to Hub to see the endeds, then switch back to the Classic, suddenly they are all there in the Classic. Go figure. Another thing that doesn't work, for me anyway. 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

All ended items go to unsold and will stay there for 60 (or is it 90?) days.

How long has it been since you ended the listings?

ETA:  Hold on a sec...

Seller hub has an ended listing area: https://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ListingConsole&currentPage=LCEnded&period=Last90Days

and an unsold: https://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ListingConsole&currentPage=LCUnsold&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LN...

Check both of those. I don't use them because I rarely have unsolds to relist.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

It's always been that way. Every time you "end a listing", a buyer isn't able to purchase it. That's the actual point to ending a listing... which is what you call cancelling. If a buyer sees your completed "ended" listing, they would have to find your relisted one in order to buy it... that's IF you have a relisted one.

I've ended listings that I sold out of the inventory and have had buyers message me if I still have any for sale. I just tell them I'm all out.

That's what I believed.

I have to end GTC  items to keep them from relisting FOR A FEE.

So, ended items vanish.

Of course, my Auction items are in completed when they don't sell because auctions have a completion date.

I did have a sale of an ended GTC item because it had a watcher and he was able to still see it.  He asked that I relist and I did.

AGAIN! eBay has found a way to KILL SALES with this insane policy of only GTC Fixed Price listings.

And, of course, add a LOT of unnecessary work  to keep ending them to keep from being ripped off on more fees.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

I tried searching for one of your unsold listings, and it shows up in a keyword search for completed items.  eBay doesn't remove them until after 90 days. You can access them from your completed listings list for 60 days.

Buyers can't make an offer on an ended listing, but they can contact you and ask if you will relist it. Although, this has been relisted, so they are more likely to buy or contact you from the active listing.

image.png

One of those was an auction not a GTC, the other is still active.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I am referring to an eBay search.

A buyer doing a search of completed items will no see any of my GTC items that I canceled before they rolled over.

They are just gone.

Of course, I can see them in My eBay, but I want buyers to see them when searching completed as Fixed Price listings did before they all became GTC only..

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

I am referring to an eBay search.

A buyer doing a search of completed items will no see any of my GTC items that I canceled before they rolled over.

They are just gone.

Of course, I can see them in My eBay, but I want buyers to see them when searching completed as Fixed Price listings did before they all became GTC only..

I personally can't see a significant amount of buyers who search completed listings in an attempt to buy from that exact listing. I'm sure the masses just look at the listings that are active and just buy from what's available at the moment. That's unless the buyer is looking for something rare.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Use "problem with pricing" or something like that when you end the listing, so it's not an absolute final, like "item unavailable" would be.   Then, whatever items you've ended should go to your UNSOLD list.  They would usually stay there for 30 - 45 days... I'm not sure how long.  After that, if not relisted (or not relisted re "sell similar") they WILL totally disappear!  And you have to do the listing all over again.  Some other sites will save 100's of your listings indefinitely... which is nice "storage" for those Ebay has sent to oblivion!

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

If most other sellers do as I do, end listing before they relist, using completed to determine prices is almost useless with millions of listing no longer visible.

I guess I will have to use the River for pricing.

Means hours spent there instead of on eBay, buying there instead of on eBay.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Why would you be using Completed Listings to determine price?  Completed means it DIDN'T sell, which makes its pricing useless.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

If most other sellers do as I do, end listing before they relist, using completed to determine prices is almost useless with millions of listing no longer visible.

I guess I will have to use the River for pricing.

NEVER rely on unsold listings for pricing. There are some completely insane sellers who just take wild guesses when they price items. I suppose they think they will make enough for diamond rings and fancy cars. Using unsold prices is a way for you to NEVER get sales and for you to think Ebay hides your listings. Use SOLD listings as that is what buyers are wiling to pay.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

There is no reason to end listings individually with a given reason.

Click on the little square in front of the listing(s) then go to Edit above.  Click on end and wait a minute or two.  They will show up in your unsold file.

Ebay eliminated all but the main picture in one that I ended individually.

Also, always store your pictures in files you create on your phone or computer.  Do NOT rely on eBay to save them.

You can also create your verbiage in Word or a similar program and save it.  No need to reinvent the wheel!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply