cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did you get the "10 item certain categories no FVF" promo? Not working?

I relisted using sell similar and changed up an item in the Glass &Pottery category, and the listing was taken out of my Free 50, rather than my bonus 10. I listed it as a 7 day auction. I've reread the description of the promo, and am not seeing where I went wrong. Any suggestions?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

@magsmg101 wrote:

Looking at expired and current promos
It seems promo reference codes are six digits starting 103xxx

This MIA promo (5705) looks “odd”

Should I change my password? Smiley Surprised

I don't think you need to change your password.  The promo code was the same for everyone. It wasn't an outside email.

Anyone who received this promo and it now shows missing should comment within this thread. We need to let abay know it's not a handful of sellers. Although, I'm guessing many didn't get a chance to notice it before it's vanishing act. Ebay should be renamed Houdini with all the mysterious things that happen here!

Message 31 of 81
latest reply

It appeared in the Promos section on my Selling Manager (I have all eBay promo emails turned off).

The promo was legit.

It has disappeared for me too.
Message 32 of 81
latest reply

Same thing happened to me. I activated the offer, I saw it in my account for the last few days, today it's gone without a trace.

I phoned Ebay, rep tells me she's never heard of this. I told her if she looked  in the Community discussions, she'd probably see other reportes of the same thing. Here it is. Ha!

So, what's up with this?  A little tech glitch? A mistake Ebay marketing doesn't want to acknowledge?

Message 33 of 81
latest reply

ebay_10promo_Oct2017_accept.gif

Message 34 of 81
latest reply

berserker -- not sure why you're showing me this?

Message 35 of 81
latest reply

Perhaps to show the naysayers that there actually WAS a promo and we weren't all having hallucinations?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 36 of 81
latest reply

Phoned Ebay again about this promo offer vanishing without a trace after activation.

This time, Giselle said she's going to send a report to Ebay tech team with links to this topic and to https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/FVF-promotion/qaq-p/27581316

Those affected may or may not get an Ebay adjustment within 72 hours.

Ebay support reps Tyler, Joan, and Giselle are supposedly working on this. Clearly there is no intercommunication within Ebay support about potential glitches that affect a lot of people.

FYI, here's a screenshot of the promo (link provided earlier in this topic)

Message 37 of 81
latest reply

Thanks for phoning them about this. I'm sick of being on the phone for stuff lately! The rep I spoke to about it yesterday said they couldn't find any signs of it!

I'm guessing the ebay community reps may not be working over the weekend, as we haven't heard anything back since I supplied the requested link yesterday.

Just want to keep this topic from falling to the lost pages on these boards!

Message 38 of 81
latest reply

I got the promo too and activated it and listed several items and it also vanished.  Whats the point of giving promo's if they are going to take it away.  Sales are really the pits as it is without doing this.

Message 39 of 81
latest reply

>>I phoned Ebay, rep tells me she's never heard of this. I told her

>>if she looked  in the Community discussions, she'd probably see

>>other reportes of the same thing.

^^^^^

Because this and to add more evidence to the general discussion (as looking2015 already noted.)

BTW, thanks for braving the eBay phonetree/reps. (I can rarely muster the will to do so).

Message 40 of 81
latest reply

Gone without a trace. I listed a couple of things.  I hate that they can just make things disappear like they never existed.😡

Message 41 of 81
latest reply

Spoke to Bryan in Ebay support, who said he was a supervisor. Bryan said Ebay tech team is working on this glitch. They are now aware it affected a lot of sellers. No ETA.

Third call today, I'm done.

Message 42 of 81
latest reply

Yes me too.

I activated the promo on 10/4 but did not list anything....

Thinking I would be able to work on it todaysob

Message 43 of 81
latest reply

That's why I Screenshot everything/print to PDF

• Everything about every sale (order details page, listing page, order history page, PayPal Transaction page, PayPal USPS charge page, eBay shipping label page, and shipping labels are printed to PDF)
  • A tracking.txt file is also created for each sale and associated with the other 5-8 documents, and is updated with a snapshot of the eBay tracking after delivery, and a companion PDF dump of the USPS or FedEx tracking is also generated and associated with those. (to combat PayPal day 179 claims after USPS tracking is long gone, and for my reference)
  • My Active Listings, Sold listings, and Unsold listings pages get printed to PDF every few days (that also gives me a snapshot of views/watchers on ended items for reference) Have a keyboard macro (Shift-Ctrl-K that takes care of it and labels with a timestamp)
  • Promo offers, Promo acceptance page, Promo terms and conditions (same macro)
  • Paypal account snapshot of first page with balance once a week or so (same macro)
  • Every detail of purchases (listing page, order details, checkout page, PayPal transaction, etc) because purchase history disappears details after a while, and doing so leaves a paper trail of address at checkout just in case eBay or PayPal glitch.
  • anything else that I might want to know 6 months from now that eBay and PayPal will disappear.

I use the keyboard, a 10 deep clipboard stack, and Autohotkey macros to quickly do the documentation (a lot of times I'm whacking keys to save a screen shot in the idle time waiting for the next page in the flow to load.) And to utilize the saved data, I use a powerful desktop search program called Everything that makes it trivial to locate the documents for say, a sale of a pair of ski grips back in 2013 just by typing in some keywords.

I like data. Over the years I've grown tired of lost info (when and where did I buy that coffeemaker? How much was that shipping label for that huge painting to Chicago back in 2006?, etc) Takes a little work, but worth it - rarely have to say "I don't know".

And that's the important point - always being right stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 44 of 81
latest reply

it always comes out of your free 50 no matter what, it won't reduce the the number of 10 you see under promotion, it's pretty confusing. Do you know when that promo ended?
Message 45 of 81
latest reply