cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did eBay do away with 'second chance offer' for unpaid auctions?

Welp today I had my first unpaid auction cancellation in a long time (I think it's been at least a year since last one, maybe longer).  In a way it wasn't surprising because it was a (0) with an account only days-old at the start of the auction, but in another way kind of surprising, because they bid throughout the 7 days and sniped to win, so I hoped this was just a genuine new buyer who really wanted the item.  Alas, apparently not, just a p.o.s. sport bidder who starts new accounts just to override sellers' deadbeat blocks.  

But considering the brisk competition between 3 or 4 bidders right up to the final hours, I figured this might be a good 'second chance' candidate item.  But ..... where's the prompt to make the offer?  I can't find it on the Solds page, in the order cancellation email, on the cancellation details page ... anywhere!   Like I said it's been a while since I've had one of these, so I don't remember where I saw the prompt before, but I know I didn't have to hunt for it, like it was something eBay would kind of 'push' upon a cancellation.  

Is it no longer an available feature, or am I just not looking in the right place?

B906C00A-A26A-4B19-B246-6690FE934499_4_5005_c.jpeg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

No, they didn't. Buyers can opt out of receiving them. 
If you aren't seeing Second chance that would mean the buyers that didn't win originally do not want to receive a second chance offer. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

LOL okay this is funny.  Your answer (which I'm sure is right) kinda took me aback because I thought, 'How weird would it be if all those people had their setting to not receive them?  Honestly I don't even recall seeing that as a preference option anywhere, but again I believe it's probably the correct answer. 

Still, I decided to take another look at the bids ..... and THERE is where the prompt is!   -Coulda sworn eBay used to put it elsewhere though.  
3B6DCC9A-72BF-47E7-B52A-E903B1A9CB09_4_5005_c.jpeg  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply