cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else’s sales just sank this month? :(

Is it just me? Or everyone else? I had greatest months of August and .september, but now total crickets!

😞

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Doing okay for me. I guess it depends on what you sell. As they had mentions, many factors can affect your sales, like the upcoming elections, people saving for Christmas time, etc...

Hopefully your sales get better again soon. 😘😍

View Best Answer in original post

Message 22 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Mine didn't sink, but they are lower than last month.  Yet still above this time last year.  2020 is being very good to me with sales.

I have seen a few sellers post that this month has been hard for them.  IMHO that has to do with the pending presidential election.  It is pretty typical every time we have one of these going on every 4 years for the sales to drop down a bit.  This particular election process is particularly unsettling to many for a whole variety of reasons, so many people are likely pretty reluctant to let go of any money they don't have to.

We will likely see a increase in sales once buyers have accepted whatever the outcome of the election is going to be.  

EVERYONE VOTE !!!!!!  No matter your choices, VOTE !!!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

My sales have been great and consistent but all my things are one off.

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I agree with you, but with the caveat that sales for sellers, not unlike yourself, are doing well with crafts and things that can be done with our children and grandchildren at home.

Here is to a healthy, happier and successful New Year.

Grandma

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

@1grandmashope_1 wrote:

I agree with you, but with the caveat that sales for sellers, not unlike yourself, are doing well with crafts and things that can be done with our children and grandchildren at home.

Here is to a healthy, happier and successful New Year.

Grandma

Absolutely.  But then sales is always different depending on the categories in which we sell in.  Coming into the holidays it is likely that Electronics is going to be a huge category as so many people want that for Christmas or fashions, always a great category during the holidays and so forth.

I only recently downsized to just selling in crafts.  Up to a couple months ago I had other categories that I regularly sold in too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Mine too

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Mine have been wildly inconsistent . One day its business as usual...followed by a week of barely anything. It wrecking havoc on my mood too. Ive never been nervous about paying my bills in the 10 years Ive been selling full time.Very stressful, especially with no pattern to disect and fix

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I had good sales in a saturated category NOW DEAD AS ROAD  KILL

Elections have nothing to do with it, but maybe people really are in need of the stimulus package to re-charge their economy!

Sellers are buyers too; therefore NO money$$$ in NO money out$$! 

I personally do not spend what I do not have....maybe others have an endless wallet?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

From March on, I've had one of my best years ever on eBay. This month's sales are significantly up compared with October 2019, but I do see things starting to slow down a bit. I haven't sold anything for three days, rather unusual. Here's hoping that sales pick up for everyone!

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

My sales have been pretty good, granted I am a SMALL seller.  Even some items that had been sitting FOREVER have sold.  

One was a CGC comic that we had $215 on, marked it down for a few days then raised the price again.  Sold at $215.  LOL  Guess that scared one of the watchers to finally bite the bullet.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

My sales have dwindled this month. August and September were great. It’s frustrating. 

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

same, up through august was fantastic, this month has gone completely flat. columbus day weekend was huge for us, but ever since it has sunk to nothing.  I think managed payments has ruined so much on here, I know it has nothing to do with a buyer placing an order etc, I dont think....

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

The upcoming election  probably  has something to do with the drop in sales  . However  IMO  the fact that the 2nd stimulus  is still  on shaky grounds  could be what's worrying  potential  buyers  the most .. They came to an agreement a lot quicker  with the 1st stimulus ,, but now it seems some political  games are being played .  Tulips 

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

My sales are very inconsistent. The past 3 months have been down for me. The past week and a half have picked up but I can go 3 days without a sale when I used to sell 2-5 items daily.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I know what you mean about that I will have days that are like normal days between all selling accounts and platforms and then I won't sell anything for a few days then it will be more than normal it's just that time of year where everyone is trying to save as much as possible for the holidays but it's been crazy this month but this year has been a crazy year as it is so hopefully things will be better closer to Christmas and into the new year

Message 15 of 28
latest reply