cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December Seller Check In

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  

I noticed the December seller check in post only has clips of the "thank you" video and the seller accomplishments clip.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Check-In/December-Seller-Check-in/ba-p/32564664 

Just wondering if the full check in video will be posted too?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: December Seller Check In

tyler@ebay velvet@ebay 

I rushed home that day to try to attend, but had tech issues here---maybe an ebay thing, maybe my ISP---so I finally gave up trying to watch it, secure in the knowledge that I would be able to watch the replay.

Was I wrong about that?  Like valueaddedresource, I'd really like to watch the replay....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi @valueaddedresource & @my-cottage-books-and-antiques - I'll see what I can find out. Realistically I probably won't hear back before mid-next week, but will keep you posted!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks tyler@ebay !

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Well I don't know who's Christmas Wish we used to get a response so quickly on this @valueaddedresource & @my-cottage-books-and-antiques but I heard back!

There is not a full-length replay of December's check-in. This is due to the fact that we used a different provider for the event itself. They made the networking sessions much easier to manage, but they didn't have a record feature. That's why the replay article itself has a much more comprehensive summary than usual. 

Not a permanent change on this though, just a one-off, so I would expect full-length replays available for the next one!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay  Thanks for letting us know. You might want to pass on to the team that it would have been nice if they had included that information in the summary.

Obviously, I'm disappointed. And kind of amazed that ebay would hire a provider lacking the ability to record. And that ebay would not tell us up front: "This one, unlike ALL the others, and thus contrary to your perfectly reasonable expectations, will NOT be available for replay".

That would have been the considerate thing to do. 

I kind of hate to say it, but the thank you video, with all that "we appreciate our sellers" stuff?  It rings a little hollow when compared to: "Nah, why bother telling the sellers that THIS time there won't be a replay, and let's not even tell them that when we put together the summary."

A company that appreciates its sellers would have found a better---more seller-appreciative--- way to handle this.

Sigh.

Oh, well, I guess I'll comfort myself be saying I probably didn't miss much. 

But let's just set that aside for now. Merry Christmas, tyler and Community Team! here's hoping Santa is good to you!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Not a permanent change on this though

glad to hear that...........I couldn't get any of it except for a few seconds..  tried their help, who just gave me the same links I was using and then said I should download Chrome (I use firefox).....Sigh.......by the time I would have done that......it would have been over........  Wasn't  going to say anything as it could have been my connection........but counted on the replay......

If ANYONE would have advised that there would be no replay, I guarantee you that someone would have recorded it themselves and made it available.........

Whoever chose that company should be relieved of their duties to arrange stuff like this..........if  they didn't know it wasn't going to be recorded, they should have........  Glad it was "easier to manage".......just too bad it's not available to people who just flat  couldn't attend at that time period. 

If Ebay wants seller participation in things like this.......or even just wants the information out to sellers, they need to be DEPENDABLE in supplying it. 

Not your fault tyler@ebay, but sure discouraging..........

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks tyler@ebay  but I'm confused, when logged in to the event there was a message displayed in the corner of the screen that said the video may be recorded.  I understand that's probably just legal boiler plate, but I'm sure that plus the fact that check ins are always made available for replay after the event certainly led people to believe there would be a replay available.

It's a shame that this wasn't thought through beforehand. Jordan's segment in particular was really great and the recap article just doesn't have the same feel- sad that sellers who couldn't make it or who experienced technical difficulties will miss that. 😞

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay 

2021-12-24_13-24-18.jpg

Also, it looks like Bevy does have recording capability?

https://help.bevy.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001775662-Record-a-virtual-event 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay  - also just a note, Bevy is what eBay used for Open Online back in August, so it isn't like this was a completely new platform that you all had never used before.

I know much of the content for Open was pre-recorded, but it seemed like at least some of the videos that made it to YouTube may have been live (Jordan's closing maybe?) I'm not sure exactly, but if the reason for having pre-recorded sessions for Open was at least in part due to limitations with recording content from Bevy....why would that platform be chosen for the monthly check in where sellers have the more than reasonable expectation of a replay and/or as others have said, why wouldn't that at least be mentioned?

The breakout/networking sessions from Open were not recorded and I wouldn't expect the networking sessions from this check in to be either, but the main event presentation absolutely should have been.

If Bevy "doesn't have a record feature" - why was there a warning that the event might be recorded and why does their support documentation show that it does?

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  - also just a note, Bevy is what eBay used for Open Online back in August, so it isn't like this was a completely new platform that you all had never used before.

I know much of the content for Open was pre-recorded, but it seemed like at least some of the videos that made it to YouTube may have been live (Jordan's closing maybe?) I'm not sure exactly, but if the reason for having pre-recorded sessions for Open was at least in part due to limitations with recording content from Bevy....why would that platform be chosen for the monthly check in where sellers have the more than reasonable expectation of a replay and/or as others have said, why wouldn't that at least be mentioned?

The breakout/networking sessions from Open were not recorded and I wouldn't expect the networking sessions from this check in to be either, but the main event presentation absolutely should have been.

If Bevy "doesn't have a record feature" - why was there a warning that the event might be recorded and why does their support documentation show that it does?

Hi @valueaddedresource - I don't have further information other than what I was told up-thread, but will share your commentary and let you know if there is a response. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

tyler@ebay I reached out to Bevy on social media & they confirmed that they do offer recording capability on all events/account levels through their platform, but for some types of events the recording is automatic and others the host has to opt in/initiate it - I'm guessing that may be where the wires got crossed here?

Just some feedback if you could pass it on to the community/events team or whoever is appropriate please- I think Bevy is a good platform to use because of those additional networking features. If they can just dial in the recording part, it could be a great option for future check-ins too. 🙂

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Thanks @valueaddedresource! I'll make sure they're aware. 😄 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 13 of 13
latest reply