cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Ebay, Stop Threatening Me

Threatening that you won't let me sell is toothless and stupid when I have clearly quit listing anything for sale.  

Threatening that you will steal my money is equally toothless and miopic when I have clearly written off the ten dollars you or so that you owe me.  

I will never for all of eternity allow you to get your claws into my active business or personal checking accounts.  I just don't trust you.  Previously I had a separate PayPal account just for dealing with you than the one I use for all other transaction because... I just don't trust you.  

Someday when I have time I may open a checking account in a different bank solely for dealing with fleabay, so that the most you can steal from me... err... I mean erroneously accidently screw me out of...  is the amount in that account.  I am clearly making adequate sales without you since I haven't been desperate to open myself up to you.  In the mean time this is formal notice to STOP  THREATENING ME.

You all have a great day.  

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Dear Ebay, Stop Threatening Me

I was forced to make this post because several attempts to reach fleabay through email or chat went nowhere.  Hopefully somebody from fleabay gets to see it.  

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

The only people here are members like you. eBay won't  get your notice.

I don't  think eBay writes off anything. They take you to collections. Mess with your credit. At least attach a credit card to pay for your seller fee. 

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

If they are actively threatening you, file police report.  If this is merely eBay telling you that you have funds that they cannot disperse because you haven’t assigned a bank account, just hit the delete button.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe wrote:

Someday when I have time I may open a checking account in a different bank solely for dealing with fleabay

Most of us do that, I have a checking account solely for ebay. Just go down to your bank, open one up, get a debit card for it,  whip in $100 bucks and register for MP. Problem solved.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe wrote:

Threatening that you won't let me sell is toothless and stupid when I have clearly quit listing anything for sale...

I will never for all of eternity allow you to get your claws into my active business or personal checking accounts.  I just don't trust you.  Previously I had a separate PayPal account just for dealing with you than the one I use for all other transaction because... I just don't trust you.  

Someday when I have time I may open a checking account in a different bank solely for dealing with fleabay, so that the most you can steal from me...

@bob_la_londe;

Wow, a lot of bitterness!

If you don't trust any business entity, it's time to move on. I would. Referring to eBay as "fleabay" and ranting here says a lot about how much it is time for you put eBay in your rear-view mirror and maybe go to other venues for your business. Just don't be surprised to find out that other venues may have the same or more requirements for selling there than here. Good luck to you!

Cheers, Duffy

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

silvertstate, that's exactly what I will do eventually... when I have time.  In the mean time I am manufacturing nonstop, and I am able to do all other banking (except open an account remotely). I begrudge shutting down the shop during the day to go to the bank for the trivial sales I make on fleabay.  Its something to do when I have to run into town and visit the bank for some other reason.  In the mean time I want to stop the daily threats from ebay.  You can't sell.  We won't give you your piddly couple dollars we owe you.  We will restrict your account.   etc etc etc almost daily.  A couple times more.   

Honestly if it wasn't for the name recognition generated sales I probably wouldn't list on ebay at all.  Actually the last item I listed (and haven't been paid for) was non business related anyway.  

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

It's almost noon. I need a beer.

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

Try contacting eBay. I rarely get a response when I try to contact fleabay.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

"Honestly if it wasn't for the name recognition generated sales I probably wouldn't list on ebay at all.  Actually the last item I listed (and haven't been paid for) was non business related anyway."  

"I am clearly making adequate sales without you since I haven't been desperate to open myself up to you."    

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

You've sold one $10 item in more than a year. I don't get your concern with any of this, much less the huge rant.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe 

Bob, make it a point to go to your bank, you will feel better once you get your ducks in a row with ebay. 

Those messages? Those are because you need to sign up for managed payments that's all. They are just computer generated, they owe you money.

I can tell you don't want to leave so at least make the effort to update your account, we all had to do it.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

@bob_la_londe wrote:

...  In the mean time I want to stop the daily threats from ebay.  You can't sell.  We won't give you your piddly couple dollars we owe you.  We will restrict your account.   etc etc etc almost daily.  A couple times more...  

What you refer to as "threats" from eBay is simply them telling you that currently they have no way to pay you or allow things to run smoothly, as is happening very smoothly with nearly every other seller here who has joined the program.

It's eBay's sandbox, and they make the rules. If that doesn't agree with the way you want to see things done, oh well... you have the freedom to accept and adapt to changes, or go elsewhere.

We hope you remain here, take a deep breath, accept, adjust and adapt like the vast majority of sellers here. But it's your choice. Ranting against "fleabay" is not helping you at all.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

<<In the mean time this is formal notice to STOP THREATENING ME.

You all have a great day.>>

You too, buddy.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

I wish that our customers with open accounts would hound us, telling us how badly they wanted to pay us what they owe.

We're always grateful to receive a payment, even if it is only $10. Especially if it is within 30 days.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 15 of 27
latest reply