cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROP IN SALES IN USA

Dear E Bay Members,

It seems that there is a huge drop in sales in USA.

What is happening in USA market right now.

Christmas season is coming, however, no sales are picking up as before.

Thank you

Regards,

Tharaka

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: DROP IN SALES IN USA

Same here 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

@m60driver wrote:

You have to ask why sales are dropping ?!?  The US economy sucks with countless businesses within the service sector continuing to close as the pandemic continues to rage as there are no people to serve.  The older folks with some money to spend are now staying at home because, like myself, they are at high risk from covid complications.  Meanwhile, there continues to be absolutely no leadership from any group.

If I may:

Humpty Dumpty sat on his wall.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

All the king's horses and all the King's men

couldn't put the country back together again.

Be grateful you are living on the Isle of Serendib. 

You are so right. 

My daughter and son in law manage a restaurant and bar on a lake. Typically they close for 3 months as boats are pulled and the man made lake drained in prep for spring thaws to prevent flooding in the area. This year though the owner wants to close Nov 1st and be closed for 6 months. They will qualify for unemployment but that won't cover house payment, car payment, electric, and heat in total. I have gathered  a lot of garage sale type furniture to rehab and resell this will help some as Kat is very artistic and even her paintings sell well but with the economy the way it is even these side hustles can't be counted on the way that they could be in previous years. Her husband was a fry cook and without the word "chef" in front of his name he should be able to pick up shifts at a local greasy spoon. Something Kat can't do as chain restarants want cooks not chefs that may want to tweek their dishes. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

Here's what bothers me when I look at your account, profile and items for sale. 1st it states Your a long time member? Then it states you've been a member since 2011? You have 1 feedback? Then it states your based in the US?  Your a drop shipper with China but my guess is your from Sri Lanka, right? Where and how this account came about is shaky but I know you haven't been on Ebay for over 9 years in Sri Lanka?  I am not against anyone selling on EBay and certainly not new sellers but the information regarding your account cannot be truthful to a potential buyer if they see this.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@reallyhardtofind wrote:

We'll we aren't drop shipping and since the last update in September our sales have tanked too. We went from a consistent 30k a month down to 6k a month. But hey lets all blame covid19....seems legit.

You're selling useless knickknacks...you know, stuff people don't NEED? You do realize that unemployment is at an all-time high? Sell things people need.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:

It must be something that ebay did.  My sales tanked too.  Not normal to go from making 2K+ per week to suddenly less than $50 per day.  They did something, I can only hope the undo it so we can start to make money again.  Not good all around.

You are also selling **bleep** people don't need.

Good grief how hard is it to understand with a slacking economy people are only buying things they actually need? Stop blaming ebay for your lack of insight.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

@newyork_mall wrote:

It seems that there is a huge drop in sales in USA.

What is happening in USA market right now.

Christmas season is coming, however, no sales are picking up as before.

What information is leading you to the conclusion that the entire USA market has had a huge drop in sales?

Or is your conclusion drawn solely from your 8 listings on this account? 

eBay's gross merchandise sales in Q2 (Apr, May, Jun) were up 26% over the previous year.

I guess we'll find out on the 28th how they were for Q3 (Jul, Aug, Sep).

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

LOL useless knickknacks, we averaged 30k a month until the September update. We sell to the other end of the market you know like people who actually have money. Ebay knows there's a problem. I've seen people's items completely disappear from their stores in search results when they offer international shipping.

Quit with the excuses!!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for your sarcastic insulting response to my business and my products and your shallow understanding of my lucrative business.  If your primitive intellect was correct I would have been out of business over a decade ago and have no reason to even be noticing the pattern and cause for concern.

I also wouldn't be closing in on $1M gross earnings on ebay.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Our sales were up all year too, best year ever for ebay. Until September. Lucky we have other selling options and we don't rely on ebay 100%.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply