cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT LIKE THE "GOOD TIL CANCELLED" MANDATORY REQUIREMENT EBAY WILL IMPLEMENT.

Ebay just does not get it!!!  Sellers want to have some control of what they sell, when it starts, and when it ends.  What will happen to the extra exposure listings get when they are new, and when they are ending??   This is just another money grab.  Just like automatic subscriptions, which most people hate, Ebay is implementing this policy to make sure that listings don't sit idle when they can FORCE automatic renewal.  I don't like it!!!  I think it should be optional, as it always has been.  Why can't it be optional, and sellers decided what works best for themselves.  Of course Ebay says that it will add continuity to your listing by keeping the same item id number, and possibly easier for people to find that bookmark it.  Those are good points, but Ebay has a habit of forcing change, and it is usually for their benefit, not ours.....

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: DO NOT LIKE THE "GOOD TIL CANCELLED" MANDATORY REQUIREMENT EBAY WILL IMPLEMENT.

I agree. eBay says the change is to help sellers sell items. What a joke. If I want to keep re-listing items, I should have the option at the end of the listing. Currently I relist items based on number of free listings, time of the month, or other considerations. Since ebay is going to automatically relist and automatically charge my account I have to jump through hurtles to be proactive with listings so I don't get a large bill due to "AUTOMATIC RELISTS". I've been involved with selling since the 90's, and now I feel like I need to find a different way to sell items (ETSY, Facebook buy sell trade, letgo, or craigslist). eBay is not the only horse in town. I will be downsizing my store, and my activity with ebay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: DO NOT LIKE THE "GOOD TIL CANCELLED" MANDATORY REQUIREMENT EBAY WILL IMPLEMENT.

bktime
Thrill-Seeker
Welcome to the party. You’ll see as you scroll through this forum that its blowing up with unhappy sellers. Some of us are leaving because of it, but we assume ebay knew we would leave or hoped we would; get rid of us rebellious 100% positive sellers!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

my sales have been dismal to obsolete since the last week and a half.    Attribute to this new GTC roll out?  I hope it picks up soon for me and everyone else feeling this lack of sales..

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@estatecompany wrote:

Ebay just does not get it!!!  Sellers want to have some control of what they sell, when it starts, and when it ends.  What will happen to the extra exposure listings get when they are new, and when they are ending??   This is just another money grab.   I don't like it!!!  I think it should be optional, as it always has been.  Why can't it be optional, and sellers decided what works best for themselves.  Of course Ebay says that it will add continuity to your listing by keeping the same item id number, and possibly easier for people to find that bookmark it.  Those are good points, but Ebay has a habit of forcing change, and it is usually for their benefit, not ours.....

eBay still gives you options to start and stop your listings when you want them to, you just have to manually do it now, or use the auction format that lets you get predetermined time frames for your listings.

If you just do not want to do the manual work, there are third party listing tools (inkfrog) that are advertising a feature to schedule start and stop dates to your GTC listings.

GTC listings still countdown from a 30 day time frame so they will still show up in ending soonest like all listing do.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply