cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer trying to return brand new dress as too small on my listing stated size as per label on i

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Customer trying to return brand new dress as too small on my listing stated size as per label on i

There is nothing you can do except accept the return as the buyer if they haven't already - will open an item not as described case and sellers automatically have to accept the return and it hurts your seller metrics. If the buyer has just opened a regular return req. than tell them to return for refund but that they have to pay to ship the item back.

Ebay policies trump all seller policies and if for some reason you did win here - they can open up a return on Paypal or do a chargeback with their credit card.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Since you have a No Return policy, the only return you can deny is one for Buyer's Remorse.  I understand and completely respect your concern as it would concern me too.  But in Ebay if the buyer files for a return and states it is not as described, even if untrue, you will have to accept the return and refund after you get it back or allow them to keep the item and issue them a full refund.

Trying to fight a return will most time turn out badly for the seller.  

The return policies options are as follows.

1. No Returns
  2. 30 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  3. 60 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  4. 30 day returns w/ seller pays shipping, AKA Free Returns
  5. 60 day returns w/ seller pays shipping. ALA Free Returns

With option number 1, No Returns the seller can completely deny taking a return for a Buyer's Remorse Return Request.  Or if they want to they can accept the return and have the buyer pay the return shipping.  If the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer.

On options 2 & 3 the buyer is responsible for the return shipping on a Buyer's Remorse Return.  Plus if the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer.

On options 4 & 5 above, they are also known as Free Returns.  If a seller that has either of those policies they will pay the return shipping even on a buyer's remorse return.  A seller can withhold the original shipping value from the refund if the shipping was separately stated in the listing [not free shipping].  Also Seller’s offering options 4 or 5 have the ability to do partial refunds in certain cases if the item arrives back damaged, missing something or in a condition less than what it was sent to the buyer in, see the policy for more details, the link is below.  In the cases where a deduction in the refund is taken due to damage or other authorized reasons for a partial refund, Ebay will protect the seller from negative or neutral feedback.

ALL OPTIONS [1, 2, 3, 4 and 5] are required to process SNAD claims without exception.  Even if they are improperly filed and should have been a Buyer’s Remorse claim.

All return policies by sellers must meet or exceed what is stated in the Money Back Guarantee Policy!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 3
latest reply