cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create listing

savba43
Adventurer

first time selling on eBay, would like to post my luxury watch for sale. What’s the process of getting it authenticated on eBay? 

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Create listing

@savba43 wrote:

So you guys are saying I shouldn’t use eBay to sell things ? Lol

No...we are telling you not to list EXPENSIVE things. 

I mean...don't get me wrong, list away if you feel like it.  Maybe it will all go great and work out for you.

...Or maybe you will have a buyer purchase it then claim it's fake or it is not as described or whatever then "return" the box of rocks  I mean watch back to you and you will HAVE to refund them because eBay can and will have a 30 day hold on your $$$ anyway b/c you are a new seller and refund the buyer if they deem fit.

Why don't you look up scam buyers on these boards and read up.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Create listing

Don't do it. I mean, don't do any of it.

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

I think it is better to increase your knowledge about eBay first. You can see eBay seller school and eBay policy for that. After that I think it is better to start eBay selling.🤗

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

It will most likely get stolen. Unless you do  cash on pick up only.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

@savba43 

Scammers are always looking for newbie sellers to steal buy from.  Take the advise from all who have responded to your post.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

And ebay will be there with bells on to help the theft/sale.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

savba43
Adventurer

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

What do you mean exactly? 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

With the way ebay is handling charge backs, I would say unless you're prepared to lose your watch and money then NO. Scammers are filling credit card chargebacks many months after the sale and ebay is refunding buyers. Even if you have proof of tracking etc etc.

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

You are a brand new seller, no experience and having to ask us how to authenticate / sell.

You are a scammers dream and even some mega experienced sellers will not list anything too expensive.

Rules to protect yourself:

1. Do not list anything you can not afford to give away

2. As Above

3. Refer Rules 1 & 2

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

@savba43 wrote:

No...we are telling you not to list EXPENSIVE things. 

I mean...don't get me wrong, list away if you feel like it.  Maybe it will all go great and work out for you.

...Or maybe you will have a buyer purchase it then claim it's fake or it is not as described or whatever then "return" the box of rocks  I mean watch back to you and you will HAVE to refund them because eBay can and will have a 30 day hold on your $$$ anyway b/c you are a new seller and refund the buyer if they deem fit.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

Exactly, and it would be a he11 of a lot better than "Seller School"

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

Don't sell anything here you're not willing to lose. Many posts about losing watches to scammers. Did you read the one about a long time luxury watch seller that was forced to refund $28,300 when the buyer returned an empty box?  It happens all the time.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Create listing

Buyers will try to fool you. Make sure to sell your items for loyal buyers. If not they will request for refunds after shipping your items. So, then you will lost your item as well as your money both.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply