cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could i ask for some advice please?

48 days ago a buyer made a best offer and I accepted.  Shipped the item.  Item delivered in two days.  Heard nothing else from the buyer.

2 days ago I received a negative feedback from her stating I had overcharged her for shipping.

I promptly messaged her and apologized and went looking for my mailing receipt.

Receipt found.  Shipping was the exact amount she was invoiced by ebay for.

I messaged her with that info, very confused.

Tonight she messaged me that I was confused about her complaint.  

She said she has a screen shot of $7.90 from the listing.  (That would be the amount for the package to be shipped within my zone.)  (Not for the Illinois to Arizona amount that was the shipping Ebay accurately charged her.  

She said she sent me several messages complaining about that and was angry I never responded.  

I received no messages from her.

She said she can't forward the messages to me because they have now disappeared.

She stated as well that she can't send me the screen shot from her phone unless I send my personal email to her and stated her email address

I replied I would call bbay in the morning to discuss how to proceed as ebay was very strict in allowing buyers and sellers to exchange email addresses and would only proceed based on what ebay advised.

Note:  item was purchased and paid for through Ebay some 45+ days ago so no new business would be discussed.

I'm confused as to an additional point as well.  My message to her continued on the string of messages we exchanged prior to the sale.  Her messages she claimed to have sent me were not in that string when she replied either.  Where did those messages go if she sent them?  

Does anyone have any advice as to how I should proceed?  I can't quite understand why she would have seen the shipping price for my zone when she lives on the other side of the US.  

Note I use calculated shipping and that is what Ebay billed her for.  She seems to believe I changed the shipping after she purchased and in the second it took for her to be automatically charged??  

I'm so confused.  

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you all for your words of wisdom.  

As so many on this board have noted, selling on Ebay is at times stressful and not as much fun as it used to be.  If i want to continue I have to find a way to not let these annoyances bother me and keep my grouchy husband away from the keyboard.   

As well, i assume when a buyer complains that i did something stupid and i frantically search for my error.  I will try to remember that the complaint may not be my mistake and so not a personal reason to get in a stir.  

My buyer reminded me that she will graciously change her feedback to positive if I refund her shipping to match what she thinks is appropriate.  I thanked her but declined and she told me to enjoy living with a big fat negative that will replace the negative from my "dental patient" that will be dropping off in a couple weeks.  She sure knows how things work for all her claims of being a fairly new buyer.  

Well, again, thank you all for your time and words of wisdom.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 19 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@linus.hux72fewrote:

...  I can't quite understand why she would have seen the shipping price for my zone when she lives on the other side of the US.  

When you click on the shipping tab, you can input a new zip code - or change the country from US to another. I've done that as a shortcut to see what shipping would be to a certain area. Then a few days later when I'm looking for an item to purchase, I wonder why everyone's shipping charges are so high - and it's because I've changed my location to Japan or somewhere. It's likely your buyer has the wrong zip on ebay - either because she changed it or because of some glitch.

You and your buyer can get each other's email address from paypal. Just go to paypal and click on that transaction.

I'm not sure there's anything here that will make ebay remove the negative - maybe others will chime in about this. If not, I'd reply to the neg - something like:

"Charged actual postage from IL to NY. Responded to all emails recd."

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

The listing is still on eBay. Shipping to zip code 85001 is $14.65. You can report the buyer for demanding something that is not included in the listing (a shipping discount), then call eBay, and ask the rep to remove the feedback.  It might not work, but you don't have anything to lose by trying.

A copy of eBay messages is sent to the buyer's email.

The buyer sounds like a garden-variety partial refund scammer and deserves to be ignored.

If you don't want to do business with that buyer again, update  your blocked bidder list.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Only communicate with buyer within ebay messages!

Reply she was charged actual postage verified as correct by the Ebay calculator for her zip code address.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for your response. I had not thought about that.

I wasn't really aiming to have the feedback removed by ebay. Not that I wouldn't like it removed but just that I hadn't thought of that issue yet.

I've already had 2 "special" buyers this year. The first bought a pair of 1920s salesman sample dentures from me. He demanded I "get off my fat f#@$%ng a$$ and come to Wyoming to fit him". I explained I'm not a dentist and the samples are not real dentures but salesmans samples. He screamed that I must be a Democrat because I wouldn't help a poor white man get teeth. I ignored that and offered a return for refund. He screamed her never give up his new teeth and would just make them do.

Ok then.

The other special buyer wanted her money back but to keep the underwater nature camera because I failed to check the weather report in her area prior to shipping and the camera was delivered during a rain shower. She claimed the post office left the package with her son who was drunk and sleeping in her front yard. Her son told her the post carrier threw the package up on the truck in the yard and it rained later that afternoon. I offered a return for refund. She refused. Then she filed a claim with the post office which they charged her with fraud based on 13 claims in 9 months. She withdrew her claim but gave me a negative because "somebody had to pay".

And now this nonsense is making me a wreck.

Thank you for your time.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

You have quite a good point there. She began her message to me with,

"I'd be more than happy to revise my feedback."

Hmmm. I suppose I'll have to spend some time on the telephone to Ebay after church tomorrow.

Thank you for your time and help.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

So are you going to be a good democrat and go to help this poor white man with his denture?

You are not going to look good with President Trump in the White House,wait till he starts to twit about your negligence ! 

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Lol! Thank you! That made me smile for the first time this evening.

No, I'm afraid I can't help the guy with his teeth...ewww. I think I've fallen into the Twilight Zone. And a Trump tweet would give my husband a heart attack and be the end of our using ebay. He's sleeping like a baby and I'm a nervous wreck with this nonsense. Perhaps I could use a vacation? To Wyoming perhaps?
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@linus.hux72fewrote:
Thank you for your response. I had not thought about that.

I wasn't really aiming to have the feedback removed by ebay. Not that I wouldn't like it removed but just that I hadn't thought of that issue yet.

I've already had 2 "special" buyers this year. The first bought a pair of 1920s salesman sample dentures from me. He demanded I "get off my fat f#@$%ng a$$ and come to Wyoming to fit him". I explained I'm not a dentist and the samples are not real dentures but salesmans samples. He screamed that I must be a Democrat because I wouldn't help a poor white man get teeth. I ignored that and offered a return for refund. He screamed her never give up his new teeth and would just make them do.

Ok then.

The other special buyer wanted her money back but to keep the underwater nature camera because I failed to check the weather report in her area prior to shipping and the camera was delivered during a rain shower. She claimed the post office left the package with her son who was drunk and sleeping in her front yard. Her son told her the post carrier threw the package up on the truck in the yard and it rained later that afternoon. I offered a return for refund. She refused. Then she filed a claim with the post office which they charged her with fraud based on 13 claims in 9 months. She withdrew her claim but gave me a negative because "somebody had to pay".

--------
Oh my gawd...I've had a very tough day and I haven't laughed this good in awhile...People, I swear...the more I read stories like this, the more I am thankful that I prefer animals to people...

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@linus.hux72fewrote:

She said she can't forward the messages to me because they have now disappeared.

False. If indeed she sent them, they're still in her message center under Sent messages.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@linus.hux72fewrote:

No, I'm afraid I can't help the guy with his teeth...ewww.

Can't believe you won't help that poor white man get his new teeth to fit?

Why would someone buy used dentures off Ebay, then stick them in their mouth?

I know they aren't actually used, just the thought of it.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@linus.hux72fe

Wow! Sorry that you ran into 2 insane buyers.

Sent messages would be in her sent folder. If in fact she sent anything.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Buying is all i do now on this site--but will Say the buyer protection policy needs a real change--it cetainly doesn't take 48 days to decide if the shipping or wiget has any concerns---two weeks  is more than enough and maybe even less for Ebay as well as paypal to cut off the protection--way   to much protection for bad buyers and to little for honest sellers.

Sorry to hear your having thi kind of problem--Best of luck

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

About your "special" buyers - wow!  Just wow!  You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried!  We should all get together and write a book!  I've had a few issues with nutty buyers over the years, but nothing like those two (now three!). 

I'm sending you a huge hug - you need it! 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am so sorry you had these special cases but I must agree that I also had a great chuckle, thank you!  lol

Message 15 of 19
latest reply