cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed/sold listings causing a selling problem for me

This is a problem I came across for my items. Buyers are able to search completed/sold listings on items. When they see the item has gone for cheap they are not going to buy mine for my asking price. But this is the problem - they don’t read the listings on those sold items which are cracked, broken or defective in some way and that’s why went for cheap. I put up a perfect item at a higher cost but can’t sell for the reasons I mentioned above. I don’t doubt that this is or will become a problem for other sellers as well. Today, I took down one of my higher priced items for this reason as I refuse to lower the price as suggested by eBay who tells me like items have sold for such and such. They are not like items if they are defective. I will keep this item for myself rather than give it away. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Completed/sold listings causing a selling problem for me

Dh thanks for your suggestions they are very good and helpful. I would have thought that listing an item as BNIB/COA (Brand new in box with Certificate of Authenticity) would suffice to say that the item is in brand new condition, therefore Mint or Excellent so to speak. Tried to fit as much as I could in title. Thank you again very helpful.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: Completed/sold listings causing a selling problem for me

Sold or completed listings are a valuable tool for sellers... I need to use it to decide what to sell and what needs to be donated to Goodwill, I will not waste my valuable time trying to sell useless items on ebay that will not sell.

Cry in your soup if you want to... sounds to me like you're one of those sellers that hopes to get above-market-price for your goods. I do not wish you well.

Instead, I have just noticed ebay just made it harder to search completed listings, now when you do a second search the listings revert back to current auctions so you have to keep selecting "completed" every time. This is extremely annoying.
Message 17 of 17
latest reply