cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Items at End of Month to Restart Listing Limits: How Much Time Should You Allow?

I am thinking of closing many or all my listings at the end of the month to cycle through another set of listings (I am at my listing limit) and am wondering when the latest I can safely  do this is.

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Grobe
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Closing Items at End of Month to Restart Listing Limits: How Much Time Should You Allow?

@jmgrobe wrote:

I am thinking of closing many or all my listings at the end of the month to cycle through another set of listings (I am at my listing limit) and am wondering when the latest I can safely  do this is.

You may need to explain what you mean by "restart listing limits" and "cycle through another set of listings". 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@jmgrobe 

So that your current listings do not carry over into the next selling period it would be my guess that they would need to be ended by 23:59:59 Pacific time on the last day of the month.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I have a an eBay listing limit of X items with a maximum of $Y value. Currently I can't add any more items as I am at the limit. Starting next month I will only be able to add items equal to what I have sold this month. So I plan to dump some listings so that I can add more fresh items. How late can I safely wait to do this?

--
Jonathan Grobe
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Sure, that is the theoretical answer. But my experience with eBay is that it does not operate with that degree of efficiency.

--
Jonathan Grobe
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@jmgrobe wrote:

Sure, that is the theoretical answer. But my experience with eBay is that it does not operate with that degree of efficiency.

Then theoretically no one can provide you with an acceptable answer.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

My selling month starts on the 1st of every month. Jan. 1, Feb. 1, March 1,.

The latest you can go with your current listings is the day of the month that co-insides with the day of the next month before it relists.

If you listed something on the 28th then that item will relist on the 28th, if you list something on the 5th that will relist on the 5th. FWIW there is a count-down on your Seller Hub.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Go to Seller Hub, Active Listing (click on ENDING SOONEST tab).   That will give you calendar date when each item is going to "roll over to new month".    Because every item you listed was started on different "calendar date" they will have different date when they roll over.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

One wonders if it would be "cheaper" to rent / lease the most basic store and not have to worry about jumping through these various hoops every month?  

Figure if you will, how much we should be getting paid, per hour.

Then figure how much time it will take to process those listings as stated.

Multiply this time by the earlier obtained hourly wage...

Compare that figure to the monthly cost of the lowest price store.

Go with the cheaper one.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

As I said this are eBay listing limits.

I have a store which allows 10,000 free listings of books.

But it seems clear I was mistaken as to when these limits are computed.

--
Jonathan Grobe
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@jmgrobe  I cycle through listings just to keep things fresh - I end them about 2 hours before they're due to renew.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 11
latest reply