cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

@ecwolf wrote:

Because we think someone's going to buy the brains and sell them on ebay.  We feel strongly that they will go for top dollar.  Our strategy depends on bidding wars that may ensue between "defective" sellers who want to get some satisfaction out of using the brains for target practice.

There wouldn't be much to hit ....

Anyone notice if this test is over yet?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 782 of 1,018
latest reply

It looks like I've been opted out of the test.

Message 783 of 1,018
latest reply

It is now on every auction page I visited today:
This change if it stays is silly. The actual auction is now a full page of picture adverts taking buyers off site or to other competing seller's items. Why?  There is now  a solitary LINK almost hidden in the mess of ad pics to see the actual seller's auction description and auction content.
eBay has literally replaced our paid for auction page description with a verbal pop-up window link while the entire auction page is now adverts for competiting seller's auction and offsite sponsor web stores items that are similar or identical to the item you paid eBay to list on that page!!!!
What are sellers paying for if their actual auction page content authored and designed by them is now invisible to their buyers? and buried inside layers of adverts taking potential buyers' interests away from buying the actual item in that auction.

I think eBay's goal is to get everyone to list items and no one to sell items whiles buyers spend all day clicking thru eBay's website eventually ended up on a paying sponsor's webstore off site.
I will NEVER give eBay another dime to list my items. This is just plain insulting to people trying to sell on ebay.

@kates-of-mequon wrote:

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

meh
Message 784 of 1,018
latest reply

My Ebay Store ( which I pay Ebay $50.00 a month for ) will be gone if this is in the future for EBAY Sellers. The large sellers with elaborate Sells layouts will be the most affected. Auction Management companies such as: Auctivia,US.Com, Inkfrong,Vendio, Push Auction, and yes even Ebay''s Selling Manager Pro, will be eliminated because they will no longer be needed to make the buying experience more pleasurable. And on the bright side this might be an " Elected method of selling ".

Message 785 of 1,018
latest reply

Isn't it time for eBay to put the Seller's interest ahead of eBay's interest?

Message 786 of 1,018
latest reply

@art_dealer_cal wrote:

Isn't it time for eBay to put the Seller's interest ahead of eBay's interest?

that makes no sense.....  eBAY is not a charity.

Message 787 of 1,018
latest reply

Hi Folks, I'm a relative newby to selling on ebay. I just listed my first new item in two years last night. When i checked it today I found the check the box to see the whole listing thing. I habitually use firefox so I checked it out on google chrome and internet explorer and guess what? NO PROBLEM! The whole listing showed up first try. How about someone else trying it out to see if its a fluke?

Message 788 of 1,018
latest reply

The test is for buyers, not sellers.  What you see and what someone else may see is not dictated by your listing.  It's being tested on BUYERS.

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 789 of 1,018
latest reply

Actually I'd say it's USER related. If you're in the test you see the click button regardless of whether you're a buyer or seller browsing.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 790 of 1,018
latest reply

yes, that would be correct.  But you won't be buying your own listing.  

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 791 of 1,018
latest reply

Hi Folks, I'M baack. Okay, I opened firefox and went to ebay and checked lots of listings that were not mine (I only have one). Every listing i tried had the

"See full item description". I opened chrome and went to ebay and checked the same listings and none of them had

"See full item description". I opened internet explorer and went to ebay and checked the same listings and none of them had 

"See full item description". Could this phenom possibly be a firefox issue or could ebay be testing a new improvement only on firefox

and if so why just one specific browser? Maybe ebay is not the problem but maybe firefox. I don't know much about all this but it strikes me as odd.

Message 792 of 1,018
latest reply

It's a test - and we've already been told it's not browser specific

Crusader Cat is watching

Message 793 of 1,018
latest reply

It seams to be pretty specific to firefox

Message 794 of 1,018
latest reply

@lvnvbuyer wrote:

It seams to be pretty specific to firefox

And when I saw it when it first started I never saw it in Firefox but I saw it in Internet Explorer. Didn't check Chrome .. no Chrome on this computer.

Message 795 of 1,018
latest reply