cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

Has anyone seen this new layout for listings? I have a button on my last listing called 'click button to view entire description'.

There is a completely blank screen unless one clicks that button. There is NO description of the item for sale until you click this button and then the description opens in a separate window.

What is this all about - an I in a test group?

Message 1 of 1,018
latest reply
1,017 REPLIES 1,017

Re: Click to view entire descripton??? What the heck???

@ittybitnot wrote:

The test is from the buyer's perspective, not the seller's. Your listings may be part of the test for some of your shoppers, but not with all of them.

That's good to know. As a seller some of my shoppers might still be able to see my description.  For some reason this does not insprire confidence. 

They'll all be able to see your description. The issue is whether that description is viewable on the view item page by default or if you have to click on a link to see the description. Either way, the description is viewable by all buyers.

Message 196 of 1,018
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@jeff wrote:

It's a test. We'll see if having a consistent experience between the platforms has any impact or not.

What sort of "impact" are you looking for?  What exactly are you trying to measure? 

Increase/decrease in sales? 

Increase in buyerbacking out of a listing? 

Sorry, I don't know the specific measures of this test.

Message 197 of 1,018
latest reply

@jeff wrote:

@ittybitnot wrote:

@jeff wrote:

It's a test. We'll see if having a consistent experience between the platforms has any impact or not.

What sort of "impact" are you looking for?  What exactly are you trying to measure? 

Sorry, I don't know the specific measures of this test.

I want confirmation that i have been opted out of this test Jeff.

Message 198 of 1,018
latest reply

It's not so much that I want to be opted out of this test - I want my listings to be opted out of this test!

Message 199 of 1,018
latest reply

I want confirmation that i have been opted out of this test Jeff.

For some reason I think it is one's  BUYERS that need to be opted out.  Otherwise they have to click around to find your description. 

Message 200 of 1,018
latest reply

Why Georg , the monitored behavior will let them know when a seller calls Smiley Mad

Message 201 of 1,018
latest reply

Jeff, you kindof lost me on that one...sorry , guess I'm a little or lot dense. 

Message 202 of 1,018
latest reply

Sellers are already taking advantage of this as I found out today. Saw a listing showing a 6-foot tall Coke bottle sign for $699 Buy-it-Now. It was only after I discovered the "full description" button that I realized this was actually an 18" tall wall plaque sign worth about $10 (seller purposely manipulated photo to make sign look giant). If eBay lets sellers "hide" their descriptions like this there's going to be a large increase in the number of disputes filed against sellers.

Message 203 of 1,018
latest reply

@what-else wrote:

It's not so much that I want to be opted out of this test - I want my listings to be opted out of this test!

YES,

JEFF, I WANT CONFIRMATION THAT MY LISTINGS WILL NOT BE A PART OF THIS TEST.

WHEN CAN I EXPECT CONFIRMATION?

Message 204 of 1,018
latest reply

Yes, exactly. I've been moving my items to Amazon over the past year. This is ridiculous. It's like they are guessing or gambling on what will work rather than doing solid market research.  I was making progress the last few months on Ebay. Now thanks to this change, I'm back to no sales. Why bother paying double the fees, when I can list unlimited on Amazon for $40  a month. Now my store is not displayed on my listings. The reason I'm on Ebay is because of multiple sales from my store.

Message 205 of 1,018
latest reply

I think it is more random so from what they mentioned in a very early post on this thread there is no way to opt out unfort.

Message 206 of 1,018
latest reply

I am a partially Disabled Viet Nam Veteran and most of my income is from eBay sales! The puny Disability Benefit I receive is not enough to live on!

I bust my back selling on eBay since 1998 and every year it's worse. Used to sell 10-15 items a day, now it's 3-4 items a week!

Can anyone explain to me how this is a better user experience where they can't see the description?

Who decides to screw with something that works in spite of itself?

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!

Message 207 of 1,018
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

@jeff wrote:

Perhaps this test is like a new car warranty. It'll end when eBay revenue drops by a hundred million dollars or the seller base decreases by a hundred thousand users, whichever comes first.

Disruptive innovation at its finest.

Message 208 of 1,018
latest reply

If eBay lets sellers "hide" their descriptions like this there's going to be a large increase in the number of disputes filed against sellers.

ebay is not "letting" a seller do any such thing. ebay is doing it for them, and there is not choice. 

Message 209 of 1,018
latest reply

I think the main problem is nowadays the whole webdesign thing is to hide everything to make it cleaner and then pop out things as you click on them.

I HATE THAT!

Ever go to a news site and find the comments are hidden under a "view comments"

Why????

Message 210 of 1,018
latest reply