cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check your account activity fees

Hello,

Please check your account activity fees. I have found mistake after mistake.

First I put my promotion listings on pause, made a sale while the promotion was on pause & I was charged 5.95.

My store items are on sale spend 100.00 and get 15% off. My customers did not get the 15% off. I had to give them a partial refund from PayPal. My selling fees for the sold items were not adjusted. I was also charged 3.00 for bold listing when checked the item wasn't listing bold. I didn't even get into insertion fees when they were supposed to be free. This is my first time checking my account activity fees and I've found error after error. This is a lesson learned, after selling on eBay for many years. I hope I was able to help newcomers. 

Tigeress33009

Tigeress33009
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Check your account activity fees

Thank you. I checked my account and found many listing fees that I should not have gotten when I used the new relist page. I have been charged a lot for Bold listing title which I have not used since 10 years ago when I first started selling. I am also getting charged for relisting fees when I have free listings. 

Ebay will not refund the bold listing as they say I checked it and I did not. 

So, the error is coming from something I must be dong but I did not ever check that I wanted a bold lisitng title. Who would do that, I mean, $2.00 for a bold listing title. I do not notice if anyone uses a bold title. Doesn't seem many people would use that feature, too expensive 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Check your account activity fees- OP  unquote --------------------

Its very good advice . A friend of mine also found some errors in her sellers fee's . I haven't yet but I'm keeping an eye on it .  I once asked an e bay rep if we are charged for revising listings ,, never really got a direct answer about that . Tulips 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Who would do that, I mean, $2.00 for a bold listing title. I do not notice if anyone uses a bold title. Doesn't seem many people would use that feature, too expensive silveredgeantiques - unquote 

I know of nobody ,, two dollars extra is absurd . I guess they'll try and make a buck where ever they can , it seems . Tulips 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I wonder how many sellers ebay has ripped off over the years with bogus charges to their accounts? Possibly millions of dollars have gone from the pockets of unsuspecting eBay sellers into the hands of eBay shareholders.

And once eBay has your money you will never get it back. You will never get a penny out of eBay - EVER! The best you can do is get an eBay credit. So whatever the credit amout is, it can ONLY be spent on listing items on eBay. What if eBay owes you money, and you don't want to sell anymore? I guess you would either have to sue them or just eat it and be as they say . . . . SOL.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@best_vintage_photos wrote:

I wonder how many sellers ebay has ripped off over the years with bogus charges to their accounts? Possibly millions of dollars have gone from the pockets of unsuspecting eBay sellers into the hands of eBay shareholders.

And once eBay has your money you will never get it back. You will never get a penny out of eBay - EVER! The best you can do is get an eBay credit. So whatever the credit amout is, it can ONLY be spent on listing items on eBay. What if eBay owes you money, and you don't want to sell anymore? I guess you would either have to sue them or just eat it and be as they say . . . . SOL.

They do issue refunds of credit balances.  You just have to request it.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/refunds.html

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the link. I am not in that boat, but i know a person who is.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Hi,

When you show eBay the error they do credit you a refund. You have to catch the error right away.

Now I am trying to stopped second category listings. Which eBay charges you extra. I can't remove the second category listings, called eBay got put on hold

than I got disconnected. Still being charged for second category listings.

If your not careful eBay fees just keep getting higher if you don't check your fees.

Tigeress33009
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

are you checking the fee shown right before you hit list my item is correct?

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi,

I am glad that I was able to help. Now I noticed that I am getting charged for

second category listings. I try to removed the second category & I get error.

Called eBay was transferred  to several departments and finally got disconnected.

I noticed that many of my listings have a second category charges. This is money that is lost forever and it seems nobody knows how to correct.

My advice keep checking your listings fees & remember eBay doesn't do anything for free.

Tigeress33009
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@tigeress33009 wrote:

Hi,

I am glad that I was able to help. Now I noticed that I am getting charged for

second category listings. I try to removed the second category & I get error.

Called eBay was transferred  to several departments and finally got disconnected.

I noticed that many of my listings have a second category charges. This is money that is lost forever and it seems nobody knows how to correct.

My advice keep checking your listings fees & remember eBay doesn't do anything for free.

Well if you are listing in 2 categories eBay is charging you correctly. And some of these fees are not refundable so you can move the listing upgrades but you still have to pay for them this month. eBay may issue a one time courtesy credit.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 11 of 11
latest reply