cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity option no longer showing when creating a listing.

I would choose to donate part of my sales to a charity on some of my listings. This option no longer appears when creating or revising a listing. Any ideas? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Charity option no longer showing when creating a listing.

It's still there on the Advanced listing form (if using the quick listing form, my condolences)

Maybe the gremlins disappeared it in the night on yours, and you need to re-enable it via the "customize" link on the upper right of the listing page. Make sure "ebay for charity" is checked in the selling section of that dialog.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@oldwestgold- I always wondered why sellers use this option. Is it easier for you to make donations this way or do you think it attracts more buyers? Does it allow you to make donations you wouldn't make otherwise? I would like to learn what the benefits are from a seller who uses this option. Personally I make direct donations yearly to specific causes without involving eBay.

Good night and good luck
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I promote sellers who support my autism foundation as the cross promotion helps find the niche group of people we help. Their listings show up on our highly promoted link. People can easily adjust their prices to cover the donation which is only deducted after sales. Sorry for delayed response but one of my new supports was missing the charity drop down menu. Hopefully she has the advanced listing toggle.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

ebay removed this option because it realized sellers are the ones in need of charity...ha ha.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

eBay doesn't charge their fee for the donated portion. Over-Simplified Example: I want to give $1,000 to charity this year. If I sell $10,000 items subject to 9% FVF on eBay without charity designations I get $9,100 in cash. Then, I give $1000 to charity. This leaves me with $8,100 cash. BUT if I designate 10% to charity and I sell those same $10,000 items, eBay sends the $1,000 for me, and $9,000 are subject to FVF which leaves me with $8,190... thus I have $90 more in my pocket than if I cut a check later at no detriment to my buyers or the charity. So aside from deals with charities, possible increased search, and helping a charity increase awareness (If I put the charity name on 1,000 listings then potentially 1,000 people learn about that charity for the first time - if I send a check, this doesn't happen), it makes for easy book keeping and better results for my own bank account.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply