cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged insertion fees even though I have free 50 listings permonth?

Hello, wondering if anyone can help me here, I can't seem to find a way to contact eBay support, I am overseas and their phone support doesn't work for me as it would cost a bomb!

My July invoice has insertion fee charges when I am supposed to be getting free 50 listings per month. I had 52 fixed price listings which eBay automatically relists and it looks like they charged me $19.24 for that. 

Also, does the free 50 listings every month accumulates? Meaning after each month I get another extra 50 free listings or is it just only 50 free listings every month?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Each month you get 50 free basic insertion fees, which can be used for new listings, relists, or when a fixed price listing rolls over each month on its original listing date.

Each listing that is carried over from June will renew on the same date that it was originally listed. When it renews, it will use up one of your free insertions; if no free insertion is available you will be charged the regular insertion fee. You currently have 98 listings so clearly they will use up more than your 50 free.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

According to the top line I see the amount charged as $0.00 and the savings as $19.24  Did you actually get an invoice?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Your AMOUNT CHARGED is $0.00

Your SAVINGS is $19.24 if you had to pay for the listings.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I am really confused by your listings.  You state your items are in Malaysia, but the listings state California and you say you can't change that.  Didn't you enter California?  Then you show USPS 1st class shipping -- is that possible from Malaysia?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I see, thank for the clear explanation on this! Ebay should use your answer in their FAQs instead of hyping the free 50 listings all the time. A bit of false advertising there. As it is I caught this too late and am now saddled with two months worth of listing fees 😞

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yes I did, attached for your reference. Am wondering how they got the $25.66 amount. Sorry if this may seem like a noob issue.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

No, there is no first class shipping or any kind of USPS shipping from Malaysia but that is the only available option to select from. I have even tried changing my registered address to my Malaysian address but yet location is still stated as US. If you have a possible solution I'd be grateful. As it is, all I can do is be clear and add that disclaimer in my listings.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

That invoice also shows your final value fees.  You do know that's a separate thing from your listing fees and will not be refunded, right?  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@gaiking67 wrote:

No, there is no first class shipping or any kind of USPS shipping from Malaysia but that is the only available option to select from. I have even tried changing my registered address to my Malaysian address but yet location is still stated as US. If you have a possible solution I'd be grateful. As it is, all I can do is be clear and add that disclaimer in my listings.

@gaiking67 

If you are listing on eBay.com and shipping from Malaysia, you must change your item location on the listing and choose Flat Rate shipping from outside the US

Underneath the shipping section is the item location.  Click on the "change" to change the location to Malaysia.

To change the location of the item

location1.jpglocation2.jpg

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@gaiking67 

Another option is to actually list on eBay Malaysia

https://www.ebay.com.my/

That way you can list in RM instead of USD and use the correct shipping options from Malaysia

Your listings will show on .com and the other international sites, as long as you set up international shipping from Malaysia

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes, I've tried that, it didn't work. I wanted to try that again and now it doesn't even have the option for me. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ah! This didn't occur to me. Think I'll give this a try. Thanks! 🙂

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Yes, that isn't a problem since they are selling fees.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply