cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged Incorrect Final Value Fee

I've contacted eBay three times now about incorrect final value fees being charged on some of my items. All reps see my issue and agree their system did not calculate them properly. Supposedly the first rep has submitted a request for reimbursement and another rep verified they did so, but no movement for well over a week. It's nearly 2k overcharged and I'm just irritated it's taking this long. Is this reasonable? Timelines that they had given me for when to expect a resolution are long past. I know it's the holidays and a busy time but it's a pretty open and shut situation. There any way for me to expedite or just be more patient.

Thanks for any help 😄

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

"... but it's a pretty open and shut situation."

@game-_-seeker 

Can you give us any details? It's not so 'open and shut' to us yet...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Fees for the category I sold in with my premium store sub should be 6.55% but I'm still being charged nearly 12.55%. My sales are about $800 or so for each item. Just not sure if I should be blowing up eBay left and right about why they haven't refunded me the fees yet. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm not seeing anything in your listings that qualify for that low of a rate.  Can you give an example of a listing and why you think you shouldn't pay 12.55%?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@game-_-seeker 

Are you adding in the shipping charge and the sales tax that the buyer paid into your calculations? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@game-_-seeker wrote:

Fees for the category I sold in with my premium store sub should be 6.55% but I'm still being charged nearly 12.55%. My sales are about $800 or so for each item. Just not sure if I should be blowing up eBay left and right about why they haven't refunded me the fees yet. 

@game-_-seeker 

At face value (and at 6% per item), I'd be blowing up eBay left and right. Well, actually I'd reach out to the qualified C/S through a message on the eBay facebook page for starters. Quick, intelligible emails come from Reps who have the ability and the resources to actually service you. Good luck and good golly.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@game-_-seeker wrote:

@game-_-seeker , when did you open your premium store?

I do see that you have several sold items in the game consoles category, and several more in computer components and parts that qualify for that 6.55% rate, so it's important to know when you signed up for the store. I couldn't find any cached pages that show a store for your user ID.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Game-Consoles/139971/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&LH_Complete=1...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Computer-Components-Parts/175673/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&LH_Comp...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Video Games and Consoles

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I will do this!!! Thank you.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@game-_-seeker , I searched a bit more and found a cached page that showed your store was already opened by early October, 2021, so  that possibility is ruled out.

Can you please provide an example of an item number that was purchased, that was charged at the wrong rate, and the fees you were charged for that particular purchase.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply