cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Contact Information Policy - email from ebay

Anyone else get this?

It starts by saying that I have contact info in my listings.  Um, no.

Then it says I can add my phone number to my Q&A so buyers can call me.

Um, HUGE NO.

If they ever make this mandatory, it will be the last straw for me. 

Do they really think I want people calling me at every hour of the day (and night)?  

No, no, no. 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Cool. Thanks. The guy in the ebay chat thing yesterday knew nothing about it.
Message 31 of 41
latest reply

It doesn't really make it clear. It says where you can add it, and how that will keep you compliant, so kind of scary. But if they ever made it mandatory, I'd be out of here. Or put in a fake number. lol
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

The only link I have sends buyers straight to my eBay store. Evidently that was the "trigger" for my shop too. Wondering if they no longer allow this or just some stupid algorithm gone bad.
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

@jkw4464

I scanned your 82 listings in the upcoming version of the Active Content Scanner, and only one (311856107407) contains a non-eBay external link:

https://img2.etsystatic.com/012/0/7769677/il_fullxfull.432450182_ni5i.jpg
ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@ramonv wrote:
Unfortunately, Auctiva is unable to remove them from ANY of my listings. Had a ticket open that went back and forth for weeks. No luck. Ebay token doesn't work. Ebay can't help, Auctiva can't help. They blame each other.
Is there a place on Auctiva to turn them off for future listings?

Auctiva > hover over the "my account" tab till the drop down appears then click "acct Preferences" In the middle section under listing enhancements change the scrolling gallery part to NO.  Then click "update account preferences".   Poof no more scrolling gallery.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 35 of 41
latest reply

Cool, thanks. I haven't used Auctiva for so long, I didn't know I could do that. Will that prevent the scrolling thing from going on items that get relisted?
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

@ramonv wrote:
Cool, thanks. I haven't used Auctiva for so long, I didn't know I could do that. Will that prevent the scrolling thing from going on items that get relisted?

Relisted from Auctiva yes.

Relisted from eBay no. eBay simply reposts the exact same listing.

@ramonv-majorleaguepins

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Shoot. And I rarely create a new listing. I just "create similar."
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

I've had my contact number on my listings for 15 years!

I get maybe 1 or 2 calls a year. . .

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

You're lucky. I put an ad in the paper once, for my site. They insisted I include a phone number. I got so many calls. 90% of them stupid or at stupid times (and it was the local newspaper!). No way I ever want to deal with that. I don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize. if someone wants to reach me, email is by far the best and fastest way.
Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Thanks for the help!

Message 41 of 41
latest reply