cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Censorship

Why is E-Bay deciding what books are good and which books are bad?  That is very Gestapo like, communist almost!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Censorship

Dr Seuss Foundation asked to have these books taken off the shelves. It’s only six books not the whole collection. Six books that weren’t near the top of any best seller list. I had not heard of any of them. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

There are many items that are not allowed to be sold on eBay, for all kinds of reasons. So with this latest decision, I don't look at it in terms of good or bad, but more in terms of what is considered acceptable given the current climate of the marketplace. Ebay may be acting in deference to societal sensibilities and preferences, just as it does with Nazi propaganda, Black Americana or Holocaust items, all of which are restricted here. (I agree that Dr. Seuss books seem quite tame in comparison, but I haven't actually read any in 50 years.)

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Gestapo and communist in the same sentence does not compute.  Particularly when discussing a purely corporate decision based on publishing rights.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

It's a capitalist decision.

Companies can withdraw products that they no longer want to sell.

In my opinion, the books should have been withdrawn and the announcement of the withdrawal made in August 2022.

Like all those communities that announced that fluoride would be added to water either months before or months after the additions were made.

DR Seuss.jpg

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Who decides what's for dinner at your house?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

@femmefan1946 wrote:

It's a capitalist decision.

Companies can withdraw products that they no longer want to sell.

In my opinion, the books should have been withdrawn and the announcement of the withdrawal made in August 2022.

Like all those communities that announced that fluoride would be added to water either months before or months after the additions were made.

DR Seuss.jpg

Great graphic - unclutch those pearls, folks!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

No your wrong.. You make it sound as if eBay was instructed by the current publisher. The fact is the Dr. Seuss family and publisher have been attacked by the same type of Mobs we have here. Your clearly muddying the waters while taking part in this insane Book Burning.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Well said, I agree 100%.. Ignore these Mobsters that try to spin and suppress the truth.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Just remember that the reason we are here is because of the way people are taught and the people that are voted into office.  The influence to change the way we think has gotten very scary.  It has been building up for a long time and the powers that be have ignored the warning signs.  They will continue to destroy everything we remember as good and turn it into bad. 

There will be more added to the list of "offensive" items.   Wait for it...

Change the channel!
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

@difinitive941 wrote:

Why is E-Bay deciding what books are good and which books are bad?  That is very Gestapo like, communist almost!

Let us know when you decide whether it's fascist or communist.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

That is very Gestapo like, communist almost!

Horton hears a "Huh?"

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Oh you mean the guys who stormed the Capitol and tried to take over?

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

@glehami-98 wrote:

Oh you mean the guys who stormed the Capitol and tried to take over?

Dig a  little deeper.  Don't look at just what you see on the surface. 

Change the channel!
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Censorship

Plenty of us have already dug deeper on that, and it's turtles all the way down. 

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 16
latest reply