cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot End Buy it Now Listings Early Anymore without Issues

Hello....

When automatic relisting of Buy It Now items started a while back, we were told that you could end the listing early so as not to automatically relist with no problems or adverse scores.  However, when I tried to end several of my items that were ending today or tomorrow, I received the message that  I believe used to be intended for someone wishing to end an AUCTION.  Questions about why you are ending early - ie., no longer available, broken, etc.  It used to be that you could end dozens at one time.  Now, you would need to end each one individually which would be very time consuming.  Also, no way to answer the question as you may choose to relist again as was okay in the past.  

Please advise if anyone else selling is experiencing this issue.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Depends on how you end the listing....usually.  If you try to end the listing through the individual listings drop down menu, you have to mark the reason.  IF you select a bunch of listings and then choose the END under the ACTIONS listing you get the bulk end screen without having to choose a reason. 

That said, occasionally, you'll get the need to input a reason END when it's just one listing chosen or it will only show one listing chosen, that's a glitch. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I haven't experienced this issue, and in the last several days have ended listings both individually and in bulk.  I used to encounter the 'reason' issue when I was ending them individually but NOT in bulk, but haven't lately.

Is this happening when you're trying to end listings in bulk?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It just started working properly again where I can end individually or in bulk - maybe just a glitch for the 2 days prior. Thanks!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

It happened both individually and in bulk, but then, it was back to working properly - I guess just a temporary glitch - Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Lately I haven't been able to end in bulk, only individually.  I get an error message.   I wasn't asked to give a reason on my desktop but I was on my tablet and phone!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

At the end of August I pared my listings down to 200 on all my selling accounts to avoid insertion fees.  

I always use the bulk method to end listings, and I noticed that I was suddenly being asked a reason through the bulk tool. 

I haven't used it since, so I can't provide any further insight. But it definitely happened to me too. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes-I have had one listing which cannot be eliminated no matter what I do or eBay does. So, yes, there are issues where me and possibly others cannot end a BIN listing with a GOOD TIL CANCELLED box which cannot be changed no matter what I do. I try to end it in the seller hub or my Ebay page regardless of the reason, even with automation disabled and one of mine always re-appears but with a different eBay listing number. I have talked with a live eBay employee and they cannot end it for me. I have asked them to forward it to supervisory staff with no results. I believe there is a software issue here that tech support must deal with.

zoz

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply