cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel order after unpaid case opened

I'm looking to cancel an automatic UIC.  My item was sold to a buyer who is out of USA even though my settings exclude foreign buyers. The system did block him from paying and initiated a UIC after 3 days.  I want to cancel the UIC since I believe this buyer should never have been able to purchase from me.  Any suggestions?  Thx

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

NOOOO don't cancel the case! Close it out 96 hours after it opened, get your fees back and relist. 

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I would assume your Paypal blocks blocking non US Paypal accounts and non US currency are in place as well??

And, NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  Don't you dare cancel on your own.  If, by chance, your buyer sees the UIC, and requests a cancellation, then yes.  You can cancel due to buyer request w/o defect.  If not, let the UIC run its course, close case after 4 days, get refund on fees.  Move on.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@penkota wrote:

I'm looking to cancel an automatic UIC.  My item was sold to a buyer who is out of USA even though my settings exclude foreign buyers. The system did block him from paying and initiated a UIC after 3 days.  I want to cancel the UIC since I believe this buyer should never have been able to purchase from me.  Any suggestions?  Thx

@penkota  If your preferences are correctly set to exclude international sales, the buyer should not have been able to bid/win/buy.  

Check to see if the buyer has a US "ship to" address which could be associated with a freight forwarding company or a friend/relative with a US address.  Click on the "print label" icon (but don't print the label Smiley Wink) to see the correct "ship to" address.  If the address is located in the US you are obligated to ship if they pay.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

"If the address is located in the US you are obligated to ship if they pay."

Like many things, there's some yabutts........

Most of the time, in this case a buyers Paypal account will be registered off-shore.  Thus your Paypal blocks will prevent payment.  One further possible out is a mismatch of addresses between what's on ebay vs what's on Paypal.  No match, no shipment, even if a US address is listed on either.  Verify matching shipping address before shipping.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@megadestroyers wrote:

"If the address is located in the US you are obligated to ship if they pay."

Like many things, there's some yabutts........

Most of the time, in this case a buyers Paypal account will be registered off-shore.  Thus your Paypal blocks will prevent payment.  One further possible out is a mismatch of addresses between what's on ebay vs what's on Paypal.  No match, no shipment, even if a US address is listed on either.  Verify matching shipping address before shipping.

...and here's another yabutt for ya:  Smiley Happy

unless, of course, the "buyer" is using a freight forwarder that is set up to pay with a US paypal account in USD, which many freight forwarders are!

I see many many posts from panicked sellers when they see that the buyer has an international registration address and automatically assume that the buyer somehow has slipped by their no international shipping preference settings.  In this scenario, the seller should always check to see the actual ship to address in the PayPal transaction.

Sellers need to remember that if a transaction involves a freight forwarder the transaction is not covered under either eBay or PayPal ~ the seller is only responsible to get the package to the US address and not the final international address. 

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply