cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we ask for negative feedback removal due to late arrival at these times?

A package I send to the US about a month did not arrive yet (a few of them actually)

A buyer complained and left a negative feedback.

Can I ask ebay to remove it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Can we ask for negative feedback removal due to late arrival at these times?

Have the packages been delivered yet? Were INR cases filed? There is a possibility that eBay will remove them if the issues have been/get resolved. They have said that they will take into account the slow down in deliveries.

Re: Can we ask for negative feedback removal due to late arrival at these times?

is there tracking that shows it was sent on time but delayed by the USPS?  If so, ebay will probably remove it. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

I would think Ebay would help you due to the pandemic.  Give it a try.  

Did the buyer open an INR?  If so make sure you refund before contacting Ebay.  If they didn't file the INR, you should offer them a refund.  After you do that, contact Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Drop to the bottom of the page and the email option is there.  Or you can click on the reason for needing assistance and the options for contact will display.  For some of them that could be the ability to call, leave a message for a call back, email or live chat.

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

The seller’s help center give you the ability for file for certain types of assistance.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

It's important to be aware of where you post a question on Ebay’s Facebook page.  A comment on one of Ebay’s marketing posts won't be answered, but comments posted directly on Ebay’s page will.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@nmo029 wrote:

A package I send to the US about a month did not arrive yet (a few of them actually)

A buyer complained and left a negative feedback.

Can I ask ebay to remove it?

Yes - you can ask eBay to remove it. I doubt they won't remove a negative for aan item that is not delivered, but there is nothing stopping you from asking. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Yes, luckythewinner is right.  Waiting for the item to actually be DELIVERED before asking for feedback removal would be smart. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Yes, luckythewinner is right.  Waiting for the item to actually be DELIVERED before asking for feedback removal would be smart. 

It would actually be required if an INR is in place.  Either a refund or the delivery of the item.  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@nmo029
Yes you can, just email or contact ebay and they will remove it. THey removed mine within an hour of contacting them since we all can't get out to ship everyday or often like we were before. Like I shipped every day, but recently over past two months I had to change my handling time to 10 business days. I don't wait that long but just incase you never know. I am in NYS and our county was on lockdown for almost a month and also having the kids more often since my ex is an essential worker i have the kids on his time as well I can't ship like I could before.
I contacted ebay and they removed it right away due to the circumstances. You should have no worries.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Just a quick update that the feedback was removed without my doing anything...can the customer decide to revise a feedback without the seller sending a request?
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Yes you can.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@bghtrade wrote:
Yes you can.

@bghtrade 

Apparently the OP has already handled the situation.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

No. Buyer cant remove feedback unless you sent them a request and they agreed to it. Under certain situations Ebay will remove a feedback but its very rare. If you really want to know why it was removed you can always call Ebay you find out lol

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Your advice is better, didn't catch that, the package wasn't delivered yet. I would have said wait too before contacting ebay. Makes way more sense. I was just saying in my case, my circumstances were a little different and the person had received their item already before leaving a negative.

I have NEVER asked eBay for removal or a buyer for a revision ever, until I had this one negative. This was a first for me since I been selling that I even considered asking eBay for that. I have had a negative and neutral in the past. I just answer it as professionally as I can. If that was the buyer's experience then hey, all I can do is reply. I don't think I would ever ask a buyer for a revision. Thats my personal opinion tho.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Same thing happened to me on another selling account.  I received a negative for an item that was stuck in USPS' never never land, was in the process of working with buyer to revise, but before they did it just went poof and was gone.  

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@insanestickerz wrote:

Same thing happened to me on another selling account.  I received a negative for an item that was stuck in USPS' never never land, was in the process of working with buyer to revise, but before they did it just went poof and was gone.  

@insanestickerz 

That would be because of the added seller protections Ebay is offering us during the Pandemic.  There are a couple announcements about it on the Announcement board if you want to read more about it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply