cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see watchers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Some reason  I can no longer see watchers on items on ebay Not even mine unless I am on my ebay page. So Buyers can no longer see how many People are watching my buy nows? Why is that? I tried 3 different browsers  None show them,this started today! But you can sure see the Delivery in 3 days In my zip, Which is a lie I cant even get packages from my house to the town over In 3 days any more. Priorty mail or First class. This should have been removed..

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Re: Can't see watchers?

good stuff..........

Message 31 of 68
latest reply

You'd never know I was watching anyway as I only bookmark items.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 32 of 68
latest reply

It actually does matter, as a buyer i am more likely to buy something right now if it has a high watch count if the item is a one of kind. Your answer is what is not helpful. It also helps me as a seller to know if the price points other people are putting on their item is something that interests potential buyers.
Message 33 of 68
latest reply

I was so incensed when told about this new policy that I threatened to close my store. They gave me 2 months credit but if they do not change pdq I will still close my store. THIS MAKES  NO SENSE AND HAS RESULTED IN A HUGE LOSS OF SALES EBAY!!!

Message 34 of 68
latest reply

yes. but when you have multivariations (with the drop down menu) you can't tell what they are watching.
Message 35 of 68
latest reply

I was responding to someone asking "you can still see it in my ebay how many watchers"  ....yes...but when you go into the listing that has many different items you can't tell what the watchers are watching.  This has cost me sales also.  As a buyer, I am more likely to buy faster if I know there is only 10 left and 20 watchers. It's common sense.  My son says "if common sense isn't common anymore, what is it?"

Message 36 of 68
latest reply

I am also starting to see watchers in some listings but it has now moved to the bottom of the block where it shows price.  This is inconsistant, some listings show this, while others not.   My listings which before had thousands of watchers does not show this. 

Untitled.jpg

Message 37 of 68
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

For Some reason  I can no longer see watchers on items on ebay Not even mine unless I am on my ebay page. So Buyers can no longer see how many People are watching my buy nows? Why is that? I tried 3 different browsers  None show them,this started today! But you can sure see the Delivery in 3 days In my zip, Which is a lie I cant even get packages from my house to the town over In 3 days any more. Priorty mail or First class. This should have been removed..

Sounds to me like just another eBay glitch. I'm seeing the watchers. 

Message 38 of 68
latest reply

@Anonymouswrote:

Oh...As for the 3 day delivery thing. I've been teasing apart some eBay business news and some articles on this, and it appears that one of the ways eBay is going to push this feature to be more successful, is to match buyers to sellers via location between both.

eBay already knows the buyers zip code, and the sellers zip code, so the search algorithm matches items that are within range of the buyer for a more successful transaction. I havn't been able to find out what happens with all the items that are outside of this range. Also the sellers shipping method does play a role. Priority vs Ground.

Message 39 of 68
latest reply

I thoroughly agree.   Instead it is replaced or space taken up by Located in the United States which really is useless as shipping details are directly below.    The number of increasing watchers creates interest from buyers as they see the number of interested parties increase.   It is a useful gauge for buyer and seller and should be apparent and obvious and in bold red as previous.   If people don't know an item has 10 watchers in two days, they are clearly missing a vital piece of relevant information.

Message 40 of 68
latest reply

I totally agree. I can not understand why they have removed this from the listing page. Makes no sense to me.

Message 41 of 68
latest reply

Response to" the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth -
Can you be a little less ambiguous when you reply to people's messages here? Your reply to mine of 02-09-18 doesn't make any sense.
Message 42 of 68
latest reply

i dont see watches in  any of my listings either- thought it was just me and my settings - hopefully this glitch is settled soon

Message 43 of 68
latest reply

I too have not been able to see watchers on both mu items or other items I may be researching for what ever reason. Sometimes i found it helpful or interesting to be able to see the watchers.

Message 44 of 68
latest reply

When watchers are shown on listings, buyers who know what they're doing are less likely to use the watchlist and will use other things like bookmarks to keep track of listings.

Message 45 of 68
latest reply