cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't respond to offers -- can't accept, counteroffer, or decline

Once on Offer Received page, I can't accept, counteroffer, or decline.  Account info drop-down from top left of page does not respond as well; though I can click link to go to buyer info / feedback, as well as click on manage offers, & at top of page daily deals links, etc, those work...  Hope this is a top priority for Ebay - can't make money this way.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Can't respond to offers -- can't accept, counteroffer, or decline

Also / Update: I just tried to reach out to buyer who made the offer; like I discussed with Ebay CS on phone, & I can't contact the buyer to ask them to email from the item page so I can respond with an offer, and / or,  at least let them know that Ebay is having this glitch, & to try again later - I tried to contact them through eBay with the item # identified, goes to page with swirling icon that doesn't go anywhere; thought to try without referencing the item #, & it's the same - LOTS OF GLITCHES EBAY.  I have an up to date browser... this is most definitely an Ebay Glitch

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Try accepting the offer from the ebay message that ebay sends to you.

https://mesg.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I am frustrated by this also! Why can't I seem to find an option to message the potential buyer? Why make it impossible for buyer and seller to communicate?! What's the thought process(or lack of) behind that?! Bc the offer is 'expired', I want to send the prospective buyer a message with an offer for them.  Am I missing something somewhere?  I took a hiatis from eBay for about a month or 2. It seems a lot has changed since I put my store on hold!   Also, why to they limit how long an offer lasts (from buyer to seller) in the first place? Why can't it last indefinitely or until the seller accepts, denies or counteroffers?   I saw a comment(I think it was made by you) saying that the eBay people must not use eBay themselves bc of the stupid decisions & changes made that do not benefit buyer or seller one bit.  I agree with whoever made that comment. All the evidence points to it being a valid assumption!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I’m experiencing this also but only when using the app on my iPhone or iPad. 

When I try my desktop (Mac), it works fine. 

CONSERVITVS  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay member since: 1996

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

HIya, thanks for  this; however, it does not work.  All roads lead to the 'Offer Received' page that contains the glitch where multiple buttons aren't clickable / working on that page to respond to buyers offers in any way.  Thankfully my buyer just reached out to me; as I was also unable to contact the buyer and make them aware of Ebay's glitches.  More & more, sellers & buyers effected by this; unfortunately in Ebay land it takes weeks to establish that many are experiencing issues; & often so much energy / time is wasted on trying work arounds that don't work (no intended shade to you here at all), before IT / TECH actually starts to even acknowledge & work on the issue. It's a major inherent fault in Ebay management that allows glitches to last weeks / months, & swell to impact thousands.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply