cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't block buyer who lied thru his teeth about why he returned a $100 item????

I don't do returns.  I state this in every description.  I am selling personal belongings, family heirlooms.

Some jerk initiated a return on a $100 piece of jewelry.  He made up some cockamamie story about having bid in the very last seconds of the auction by mistake.  He lied.  His bid was timestamped six hours prior to auction end.  His poorly typed excuse included "there were no other bids!" as if that had anything to do with it.  I called eBay Concierge and they said I didn't have to accept it, but I wanted the piece back.  I didn't want my late mother-in-law's favorite piece to stay in his hands.

So, I got the piece back today.  He had the unmitigated gall to include his "business card" in the package.  He's a seller of the same type of item (Native American jewelry).  So I refunded him.  I wanted to block him from ever bidding or buying any of my pieces again.

I go to the "block" page and find a ridiculously limited "list" of reasons I can choose to block someone.  

Why can't I block a liar?

This just makes me even madder at the whole situation.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't block buyer who lied thru his teeth about why he returned a $100 item????

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

Go***e up eBay blocked bidder list,

There's no reason to do that.  Just use the Help Pages here:  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer?id=4082

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Can't block buyer who lied thru his teeth about why he returned a $100 item????

I go to the "block" page and find a ridiculously limited "list" of reasons I can choose to block someone.

Screenshot please.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

here ya go

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

You don't need a reason to block someone from buying from you. Google up eBay blocked bidder list, it should pop it right up. I too would like to see a screen shot of what your seeing.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Those are site preferences to prevent buyers (any buyer) from purchasing under certain conditions.   

Blocking specific buyers is an entirely different thing. 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@yestergroove wrote:

I don't do returns. 

Yes you do.  You have no choice.  Corporate demands it.

If you refuse, they will refund the buyer and make you pay for it.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Your in the wrong place to block a particular person. I am having trouble adding links, maybe someone will come along and make it easier for you to find it.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

There's no reason to do that.  Just use the Help Pages here:  https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-buyer?id=4082

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Googled. Every link on first page of results says to go to the page I went to.
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

THANK YOU, chryslys!  Don't know why all the links go to that other page.  

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@yestergroove wrote:

Don't know why all the links go to that other page.  

That happens when you use a third party search engine who is only interested in selling clicks.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Agreed, but eBay doesn't make things any easier. There's no mention on the page with the list of reasons of the OTHER page, not that I could see. I would think it would be a no-brainer to link the two pages, or to have the box where you can paste an ID in on that same page with the "reasons".

I wouldn't have thought to look where you sent me, chrysylis, had you not posted the link, since the searches all led to just the first page. The store 'managing' links are kinda the same way, there's the 'old' and 'new' and you've got two different pages saying two different things. It's kinda needlessly confusing.

Thanks again...always learn something I need to learn when I ask here.
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

I tried them! lol couldn't find it. I get to it through my settings but trying to explain it all when I am on my phone was just too much to deal with.

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

It was such a pain for me to find and recall again, so I added it to my favorites bar, has helped tremendously
Message 15 of 20
latest reply