cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone copy my unique doll designs for several years here?

There has been a competitor seller of mine on Ebay, that copies my unique doll designs, has been doing it for years.  No, I don't have a copyright or trademark.  But if I had the design first, can I get Ebay to do anything?  This seller also puts her own name on the design she stole from me.  

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Can someone copy my unique doll designs for several years here?

Your doll designs are copies/reproductions of Mattel dresses. They aren't your own designs. I am sure Mattel is just as unhappy as you are, their designs are being reproduced.

The lord knows my heart so I ain't trippin' off no church

Positive is the attitude
Negative is not the mood
Message 2 of 43
latest reply

No, the dresses I am talking about are NOT Mattel's design at all, nothing is similar to the one's I am talking about.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Those two threads you posted links to have nothing to do with a seller stealing my own custom designs.  Those previous threads were about Mattel specific designs.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

Those two threads you posted links to have nothing to do with a seller stealing my own custom designs.  

Maybe. But why would you question this after they have been doing it for several years?  Perhaps the threads do not fit but I recall your previous thread about this and your posting pictures of your dresses and the other person's dresses, complete with designs by whomever in the pictures, so this seems to be an ongoing issue between you and your competitor, as you say, for several years.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

I am questioning whether or not it violates Ebay policy to copy someone else's unqiue designs.  The previous threads were about pictures and text and Vero.  This seller is killing my ebay sales.  She copies me, floods ebay with multiple auctions with my copied work, then my sales die.  And she puts her own name on my designs she copies.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

I saw one that I"m sure is very similar to a Mattel dress. And last I heard using the name Barbie and the others (and without a trademark) is also a violation.
Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

But I'm not talking about a Mattel dress.  I'm talking about my own fashion doll dress design that no one else had.  And sellers can use "For Barbie" and "Fits Barbie" per ebay policy.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

No, you must say it fits an 11.50 inch doll.  The name is trademarked.  Trademarked means you have no legal right to use it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

I am questioning whether or not it violates Ebay policy to copy someone else's unqiue designs.  The previous threads were about pictures and text and Vero.  This seller is killing my ebay sales.  She copies me, floods ebay with multiple auctions with my copied work, then my sales die.  And she puts her own name on my designs she copies.

No. It does not violate ebay policies because you don't own the rights. I would let it go. You are essentially doing the SAME thing to mattel. And you made similar claims ^^ on your other threads. 

The lord knows my heart so I ain't trippin' off no church

Positive is the attitude
Negative is not the mood
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

My apologies if someone is copying your designs, and I am sorry if those threads were not the one I was looking for.  I remember one where you posted pictures of your doll dress and your competition's.  It may be that both of  you were reproducing Mattel's copyrighted designs.  

It would be hard to prove that you had the designs first.  Just having listings

show up here first may not mean anything, as you could have seen her designs somewhere else.  IMO I don't see this as something Ebay is going to intervene in.

You say she copies you.  I imagine that would not be instantaneously.  So you have a small window of time to get your sales.  Then move on to the next design.  Why is she getting the sales and not you?  Maybe that is the better question?

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

@dolldesigns4u wrote:

Those two threads you posted links to have nothing to do with a seller stealing my own custom designs.  Those previous threads were about Mattel specific designs.

I think you know the answer in that you have not had them copy writed. 

Will eBay make the other seller quit sellers the same design you sell?  No not unless you can file a VERO claim, and it is possible the other seller could/would file against you selling the same designs as they are.  I hope that does not happen but once you open this can or worms who knows what could take place?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

I guess the only thing I can do is copy her work, and flood Ebay with auctions of her work, putting my own name on it.  

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

Hundreds of sellers make reproductions of Mattel doll designs on Ebay.  

Message 15 of 43
latest reply