cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer view details of SOLD items

Almost daily, I review my bookmarked searches for new items as well as sold searches for things I may have missed.  Sometimes there are more items included in a listing than are noted in the title or shown in the first photo and sometimes details of missing items or damage are given that help explain why an item sold for as little or as much as it did.

Tonight in going through my searches, I find I cannot view individual completed listings.  When I try, I get a new page that says, "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you," and it shows me something different.  Of course the "simiar" item is never even close to what I wanted to see.

This has not happened prior to today, so I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.  Has there been some permanent change?  Does ebay now feel threatened by sellers' ability to look at a sold item (which would seem the most plausible, knowing how paranoid they are)?  Thanks for any responses or insights.

Message 1 of 111
latest reply
110 REPLIES 110

Re: Can no longer view details of SOLD items

@maconsdeals wrote:
The listing you're looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you. Click the word "listing" and it will take you to the original sold page. "Listing" shows as a lighter shade of blue . Has worked for me every time.

I did the same test on a Chrome browser, one in regular mode, one in incognito mode. The results were different. Made sure I took screen prints every time. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 91 of 111
latest reply

So if you don't have a similar item for sale, what it now does is it takes you to SOMEBODY ELSES SIMILAR LISTING!  You might have something similar, but eBay's convoluted search doesn't show the potential buyer that you do in fact have something that is similar and they are sending your potential sale to SOMEONE ELSE!  

Change the channel!
Message 92 of 111
latest reply

jd656160 : You are a genius! Your work around worked perfectly. Now if you can get a work around for all those poor sellers who relisted there item although there link to see relisted item takes them to someone else's item.
Message 93 of 111
latest reply

As most have realized, in order to get to the Completed Item you actually want you must click "listing" in the sentence "The listing you’re looking for is no longer available" Even then you have to additionally scroll down past "More chances to get what you want" and "People were also interested in"

But the level of annoyance from having to doing that every single time I would say greatly outweighs the possibility of a tiny amount of sales. So far I have not been interested in any of the "Similar items" that have replaced the item I actually wanted to see and I have done it a few hundred times now. Add that up and it is a lot of wasted time and annoyance. To keep Ebay a customer friendly site I very much think they need to stop this particular annoyance and also not go down the slippery slope of using misdirection to increase views.
Message 94 of 111
latest reply

so angry i can not view sold items in my summary. i used this feature for soooo many reasons. i am really just about to close my ebay account. i called to complain and the two people i spoke to were both in a foreign countryf and cannot do anything and one could not even understand my issue. Quit tweeting the software -- whoever made this change needs to be fired at ebay!
Message 95 of 111
latest reply

Message 96 of 111
latest reply

This is so frustrating! This is a terrible feature.  When I click on a sold listing, I want to see THAT listing, not some random item ebay decides I should look at.

I almost sent out the wrong item to a buyer, as one of my items sold, and wanted to pack it up, but in this case, the "replaced" listing they showed was also one of my items, so I assumed it was THAT item that sold.  But ebay did this new "we found something similar" nonsense.  Luckily I caught that it was the wrong item when I was printing the label. 

It seems whenever ebay makes a change, they make it more cumbersome to use. It was bad enough when they hid the item description, but now this new "we found something similar" nonsense. It takes 4 clicks to get to see what you actually want to see, and in my case, it almost made me send out the wrong item to a customer.

I am convinced that whoever makes these changes on ebay doesn't actullly use  the site themselves.

Message 97 of 111
latest reply

This is very hurtful to sellers. If a seller wants to see if you have more available or similar, the listing you have paid for is used to promote another seller's listing - extremely poor business practice and really unfair to sellers.
Message 98 of 111
latest reply

True, very hurtful to sellers - one more way to divert business from my store and capitalize on the listing I PAID for and use it to leverage as free advertising to promote someone else's store/items. It is simply wrong, and not very ethical in my opinion.
Message 99 of 111
latest reply

This feature needs to end now. It is extremely hurtful to sellers. How can eBay use one seller's private paid for ended listing to promote and divert potential buyers to other stores and other items - stealing the potential additional business from the seller that has the ended listing. This is appalling.
Message 100 of 111
latest reply

Yes - wrong, wrong - using my paid for ended listing to market to another store and steal potential sales from me - how can this happen? How can this practice be tolerated?
Message 101 of 111
latest reply

Can’t thank you enough for pointing out that you just click on the word “listing” to get to the original listing for the sold item. I’m a seller and this is critical to my figuring out how to price items. Whoever came up with this at eBay did not think this through. I’m searching for SOLD listings because I’m researching the item. Duh.

Message 102 of 111
latest reply

Ebay has now removed the faint blue 'listing' link as well - so no way of checking out sold listings. How are we supposed to research what price to charge of pay for an item when we cannot see the details of sold items? Please, Ebay, enable that feature again.

Message 103 of 111
latest reply

this is totally ridiculous.  as both a buyer and seller i need to retain access to view ad details of sold items in all cases. 

Message 104 of 111
latest reply

Same --Original Listings for Purchased Items are not being displayed 100% problem. The text for the listing is shown but zero (none) , no capacity to see the original photos. How can anyone know if the item received matches the photo. Big problem...no logic behind this except to protect the seller and really rake the buyer over the coals.
Message 105 of 111
latest reply