cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a customer leave feedback after i have issued a refund for their order?

Can a customer leave feedback after they have received a full refund for their order? I assume the item is no longer visible on the buyers purchase order page. Thank you Carol

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can a customer leave feedback after i have issued a refund for their order?

Yes the buyer can still leave feedback. Refunds don’t block feedback.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yes the buyer can still leave feedback. Refunds don’t block feedback.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Great, thank you for your reply!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

The reason for this is because a refund doesn't mean the seller was any good. If a seller is non responsive with shipping info for example and 3 weeks later you file INR and then he refunds you claiming it was lost you should be able to warn others that either this seller is a crook (didn't get his price so never shipped) or he is incompetent. Either way he deserves a negative.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

OR deserves a positive if the seller was polite and took care of a problem without being a jerk

Radine

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@alumcreek2012 wrote:

Can a customer leave feedback after they have received a full refund for their order? I assume the item is no longer visible on the buyers purchase order page. Thank you Carol

Thankfully, yes.

It would be disappointing if a rude, dishonest or fraudulent seller could immunize themselves with a refund.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Excellent reply! I agree totally.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Great reply! I agree it can work both ways.
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I agree, thanks

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I was curious about this issue. I have been selling for about a year. I have not had to leave negative feedback for a seller yet. I had one case where a bible i ordered was ripped to shreds. The seller refunded me immediately. I t was damaged in transit. I sold a typewriter to a customer , it was severely damaged in transit. I refunded him in full immediately and told him to keep the item. I got a glowingly positive review from him.  

Thanks everyone for your replies! Carol

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@overtona wrote:

The reason for this is because a refund doesn't mean the seller was any good. If a seller is non responsive with shipping info for example and 3 weeks later you file INR and then he refunds you claiming it was lost you should be able to warn others that either this seller is a crook (didn't get his price so never shipped) or he is incompetent. Either way he deserves a negative.overtona - unquote ----------------

I agree  with you . For example I had some issues with a seller a few years ago  when it came to shipping . The seller would just sit on the orders for a long period of time  and then  shipped whenever they felt like it . Furthermore it didn't seem to matter to this seller that they were gathering a lot of negative feedback  because of their  poor customer service . Whenever a buyer would leave negative feedback  the seller would then just block them from ever buying again . I never left negative feedback for this seller  but I did  do a '' item not received '' once  and was promptly blocked just for doing that .  I actually began a thread about this incident  after it happened and I was pretty surprised at the number of other sellers responding  who actually agreed with this seller's  behavior and believed the buyers were in the wrong . Go figure . Tulips 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Are sellers ever booted for the type of behavior you describe? They should be!
Message 12 of 12
latest reply