cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a buyer from out of country that I do not ship to leave a negative feedback?

Hi - I sold something that had to be shipped in a medium flat rate box. Two buyers from Vietnam bid near the end, & fortunately I caught them in time & blocked them. I charged 15.00 S&H, for USA shipping only. I have the exclusions list made clear. If I had to ship to Vietnam, it would cost probably well over 100.00, maybe 200.00. If they had of gotten a winning bid & I refused to ship to them for the 15.00, could they post a negative against me? I need advice here.  Thank you, L

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can a buyer from out of country that I do not ship to leave a negative feedback?

didn't need to do that, as long you didn't select you ship to their country in your settings then they can't purchase the item unless they use a ship to address in one of the countries you do ship to. As for the feedback, idk, ebay probably allows it, but I would call and see if can get it removed. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It may have been that they were using a freight forwarding company with a US address to get around your shipping exclusions. However, if one had won and you didn't want to complete the sale, you could have cancelled it due to a "problem with the buyers address". In that case, I don't believe that they would have been able to leave feedback, since there was no transaction.

Hi - Thank you. Where is the poem from?  L

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

it's not a poem...it's a verse in lyrics - Destroyer 666 "Rise of the Predator" off album Phoenix Rising

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Hi - Thank you!  L

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Hi - They seem to have a poetic turn.  L

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

A buyer can only leave a neg after he actually pays. If a foreign bidder has already won, you can attempt to head him off by warning him not to pay. 

But to avoid problems in the first place, simply set all of your listings to only allow domestic orders:

My Ebay > Selling > Shipping preferences > Exclude shipping locations > check all except Alaska and Hawaii

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@oldcoin007 wrote:

Hi - I sold something that had to be shipped in a medium flat rate box. Two buyers from Vietnam bid near the end, & fortunately I caught them in time & blocked them. I charged 15.00 S&H, for USA shipping only. I have the exclusions list made clear. If I had to ship to Vietnam, it would cost probably well over 100.00, maybe 200.00. If they had of gotten a winning bid & I refused to ship to them for the 15.00, could they post a negative against me? I need advice here.  Thank you, L

A buyer in Vietnam can have the item shipped anywhere in the world. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

They were likely using a forwarding service.  Assuming you have your blocks set up correctly & it's not just verbiage in your listing.  I love forwarding companies.  Easy peasy. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Is your experience good with forwarding agencies? Can you please elaborate. Their phone numbers never work has been my experience. I have one buyer from a country I do not ship to. He has changed the address to a forwarding agency. I fear it may not work out. please advise

Message 11 of 11
latest reply