cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Seller BLOCK Non-Pay Newbies with LOW or NO Feedback?

When I first joined eBay, I had the Option of Limiting Bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks.  It seems now all of my Non Pay Cases are results of Newcomers or Users to eBay with Low or No Feedback.  There is zero communication or acknowledgement of "Sale", yet eBay makes the Seller File Non Pay Claim, wait 4 days (after already waiting for payment for 4 days) then eBay allows the "Buyer" 10 days to reply.  W-H-A-T ?????

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

No.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yeah...things have changed a bit from years ago.

You can no longer block no FB of low FB...you can only block FB with a -1 or less believe it or not...

Yes, you are going to have to extend the courtesy of waiting for time frame that eBay extends to buyers to expire.  Just remember that if the buyer does not respond within the allotted time, you can escalate the case and the case will close in your favor. 

The buyer will get a UPI strike on his account and many sellers have selling limits in place that block buyers from buying/bidding if they have [2] or more UPI strikes in [12] months.  Rest assured that many buyers learn their lesson down the road when they are limited in who they can buy from for a whole year.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I’ve been on eBay since 1999 and there has never been a block available for buyers with low feedback. People were assumed to be honest, it was right in the User Agreement. You have always been able to prevent them buying multiples.

sometimes people confuse the multiples block because it was poorly worded. Sometimes people remember when EBay put in a forum posting requirement of 10 feedback.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Unless it has changed you can complete the UID in six days. I’m not sure why you’re waiting so long.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Me too..there was never any such block..why would Ebay have an option to block new buyers? Thats what they want!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I do remember a time where one could block for low FB (10 or less)...

Back then I always thought to myself...well if all sellers did that, no one who is new to eBay would ever be able to buy.  I think eBay realized this and amended the policy.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I don't ever remember a block for buyers with less than 10 feedbacks.

You said, "yet eBay makes the Seller File Non Pay Claim, wait 4 days (after already waiting for payment for 4 days) then eBay allows the "Buyer" 10 days to reply.  W-H-A-T ?????

This sounds like you have the unpaid item assistant turned on. You can edit the time to close the case. If you open unpaid item cases yourself the buyer has 4 days to pay and on the fifth day, you can close the unpaid item case giving the buyer a strike and getting you final value fee credit.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137&st=12&pos=1&que...

Set your buyer requirements:

Go to your My eBay > Account tab > Site Preferences > Selling Preferences > Buyer requirements and block buyers who:

Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower
Check the box to block members on your blocked list from contacting you.

Add all non-payers to your blocked list:

Blocked bidder/buyer link:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

Back then I always thought to myself...well if all sellers did that, no one who is new to eBay would ever be able to buy.  I think eBay realized this and amended the policy.

Only from buying more than x number if items from you in a 10 day period, which is still there.

There was never a basic block on low FB sellers.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

The only block for 10 feedback or less is for blocking buyers with 10 or less from buying multiple items.  You couldn't block them from buying just one item 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@toddsplace wrote:

When I first joined eBay, I had the Option of Limiting Bidders with less than 10 Feedbacks.  It seems now all of my Non Pay Cases are results of Newcomers or Users to eBay with Low or No Feedback.  There is zero communication or acknowledgement of "Sale", yet eBay makes the Seller File Non Pay Claim, wait 4 days (after already waiting for payment for 4 days) then eBay allows the "Buyer" 10 days to reply.  W-H-A-T ?????

No you didn't, you could block buyers with a negative feedback score.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply