cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Ebay Auction be put into your store after it doesn't sell?

When one of my auctions ends is it possible to transfer that listing into my store without cancelling the listing and then putting it  into my store. (Like I relist it in my auction). Or do I have to cancel the auction and relist it into my store as a new product?

Thanks

Jimmy

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When you have an EBAY Store....anything you list or relist will automatically appear in your store (doesn't matter if "buy it now" or "auction").  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

When the auction ends, you can just relist it as a fixed price listing.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

and if it's an 'auction', once the 'auction' ends, even with NO buyer, then it will NOT show anywhere. 

You would need to either 

a.) relist it (as an auction)

b.) relist is as a 'buy it now' (which stays on until YOU cancel it, every 30 days). Note it's either part of your 'free listings' or you will be 'charged' to list every 30 days should you already use all your freebies. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I do know when you have a store you can change it once...but you can't go back and forth...back and forth...from auction to buy it now and then back to auction. Will have to probably cancel it and then relist it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi @jarou-5192 

First of all, you do not have an eBay "Store" on this ID, you have an entry level account and you get monthly Insertions for listings.  Those listings can be either Buy it now or Auction formats.

If you list something Buy it now (Good til cancelled) it will automatically Relist the same day each month using one of your monthly insertions.  It will keep doing that until it Sells or you End the listing.  Ended listings are moved to your Unsold file (link in the next paragraph).  From that file you can Relist it within 90 days (then eBay drops it).  You can change the Format from Buy it now to Auction when you Relist it if you want to.

If you list and item Auction format you select 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days.  (Note: 1 & 3 days costs you a $ 1.00 Special duration fee each time it is used).  Each auction cycle you list it or Relist it you use one monthly Insertion.  When an Auction ends the listing moves to your Unsold file here: Manage ended listings - eBay Seller Hub

From that file you can Relist the item again as an Auction (but you can change the cycle duration to 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 days).  When you Relist it you use one monthly insertion.  If you do not Relist it the listing will stay in that file for 90 days and then eBay drops it.

Listings will stay in your account until they sell or you delete the listings (from you Unsold file).

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 6
latest reply