cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sellers Prevent USPS Redirecting of Their Packages by Buyers?

Most sellers believe they alone (the shipper) can redirect packages to different addresses.  However a few threads on this board have shown that buyers can do this too.  It doesn't always mean the buyer is attempting fraud by Item Not Recieved claims, but it does raise fears and concerns with the seller.

In order to prevent this possibility can the seller do anything to ensure their package isn't redirected during shipment?

I do believe there is one well know boardie here who says she never gives her buyers a DC number, and I believe she buys her postage in person at the USPS counter.

So, if the buyer isn't given the package's Delivery Confirmation number at all, doesn't that make it impossible for them to redirect?

Would this work?
Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@currencyoftimewrote:

If seller protection states a seller must ship to the confirmed PayPal address, you ship the package, from your “home base” post office (like all your other packages) and someone redirects the package to another adress....my thought is you complied, as a seller, to be covered?   You have your scanned receipt showing destination at your point of contact (usual post office).   The only other person that has access to that tracking number is the buyer, and anyone who has access to their account.   

Am I missing something?

Yes because ebay and Paypal must see the tracking # showing delivered to address shown on the label/payment. Not to another address. Otherwise, a scamming seller could redirect the packge to a friends house and keep the item and the money.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 31 of 32
latest reply

It could theoretically void the MBG if the buyer re-directed an ebay package.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply