cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em

because I am noticing all of the privileges that they seem to acquire are privileges that they are widely abusing unfortunately hurting the little guys I don't want to sell to them what can I do

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

I am a top rated seller, but you would not know that because I have sense enough to not buy and sell on the same account.

That being said, you can do most anything you want to. Unfortunately doing some things may cause issues with your account.

How do you plan to "not sell to a top rated seller" ?

Top rated seller privileges are highly overrated. TRS privileges are ................. well....................  not much.

Message 2 of 155
latest reply

No you can't discriminate against ebay buyers.

If you're thinking of cancelling their orders or something that will have a negative effect on your account health.

TRS sellers don't get any special privileges when they make purchases.

Message 3 of 155
latest reply

Yup, so true. TRS sellers that buy ......................................... are buyers, so "buyer" privileges (protections) apply rather that "seller".

Not sure what the OP issue is.

Message 4 of 155
latest reply

As a TRS seller I have no more "privileges" as a buyer than any other buyer, other than perhaps I know ebay policy pretty good since that comes with being a TRS seller. So perhaps you should strive to become such a seller yourself, it is always better to work within the parameters of ebay policy than trying to run your own show, in terms of being a good seller that avoids buyer problems, usually the problems can be avoided by knowing policy yourself?

One more thing, I don't sell on my buying account so you'd never know I was a seller when I am making a purchase.

Message 5 of 155
latest reply

Top Rated Seller is actually basically the standard for any volume ebay seller, there are very few ebay seller who do any sort of real volume who are not top rated. 

I am not sure what you THINK I get for being top rated but it is absolutely nothing at all.  There are supposedly some things related to returns but in 4 years of being top rated I have never found the option to take advantage of those supposed benefits. Where is it exactly? Every single INAD return I have had that wasn't shipping damage was false, I certainly never got a label credit.

Top Rated Plus sellers get a tiny reduction in fees in exchange for having (in my opinion)  the light your money on fire option of free 30 day returns.

Message 6 of 155
latest reply

@rockhounddog 

May I ask why you care whether a buyer is a TRS? Is their money any less green than a non-TRS person?

Personally, I don't care about the "status" of who buys my items. I list, I set a price, a buyer sees and likes it, they buy and pay, I ship! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 155
latest reply

"Top Rated Sellers receive enhanced visibility in eBay search results and exclusive seller protections. By becoming a Top Rated Seller, you will also be eligible to receive a Top Rated Plus seal that will be prominently displayed with your qualifying listings. The Top Rated Plus seal lets shoppers know they can buy with confidence when they purchase your items."

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/protections/top-rated-program

Not mentioned is the tiny discount on selling fees.

And there are also Global TRS sellers like me, who get all the same benefits except the seal does not appear on our listings on dotCOM (they do in the rest of the world) and we are not required to track shipments (we still lose INR claims without that tracking).

@rockhounddog 

You can put any member on your Blocked Buyers List.

What are the specific problems you have run into? The members here may have advice on how to avoid or win Claims.

Message 8 of 155
latest reply

"Can I in my policy or in general discriminate against top rated sellers if I don't want to sell 2 em"

Yes, you can put that in your policies but eBay policy would override it.  It would be wiser for you to work hard to become a TRS yourself.  

Top Rated Seller Program | Seller Center (ebay.com)

Message 9 of 155
latest reply

gonna have to  disagree on. that statement....and yeah...thats what i figured about the policy.amazeing how ebay discriminates but we cant,,,..oh duh,,..stupid me ..if i did that would not be as profitable for ebay.

Message 10 of 155
latest reply

lol..yeah thanks

Message 11 of 155
latest reply

thought i was pretty clear as to why.

Message 12 of 155
latest reply

I Don't buy on my seller account.

How would you know.

Message 13 of 155
latest reply

the privileges i speak of are not "buyer"..they are SELLER privileges..trust me i know more then you might think about policy..i have read them all too many times.what ihave learned is ebay does not follow its own policy and favors trs over the littlle guy when it comes to case outcome and overlooking or completely ignoring  trs abuse in policy breaking them knowing they will get away with it..think i am wrong about what i say.i am not.

Message 14 of 155
latest reply

i am talking about pre sale..not post...thanks anyways guys..i already knew the answer...i guess i was curious how you all would react...bout what i expected .

Message 15 of 155
latest reply