cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

I sold an item to someone who has no, as in zero feedback.  It has been 9 days now and the buyer has not responded to my communications nor have they paid for the item.  In future listings, can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?  I feel that I have been burned by someone and would like to not have it happen again.

Any and all info is appreciated.  Thank you.

Soozie3

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I choose NOT to sell to someone who has no feedback?

You can say whatever you want in your listings, but that would be unenforceable if a zero-fb member actually wins your auction.  You would get a defect point for canceling the transaction.

Why have  you just been waiting, rather than filing your unpaid item claim? You could have closed it 3 days ago.  Here's the Help page about what to do when a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

You can put that in your listings, but it isn't binding.

What you need to do in the current situation, is open a case for UID.

If still no payment in another 96 hours, close the case, get your fees back, and put that person on your BBL.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 40
latest reply

For reference, 9 days is 3 days longer than you are required to wait.  File a UPI after 48 hrs.  Wait another 4 days for bidder to pay or not.  If no payment, close UPI.  Fees will be refunded.

Message 3 of 40
latest reply

You can say whatever you want in your listings, but that would be unenforceable if a zero-fb member actually wins your auction.  You would get a defect point for canceling the transaction.

Why have  you just been waiting, rather than filing your unpaid item claim? You could have closed it 3 days ago.  Here's the Help page about what to do when a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 4 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 wrote:

I sold an item to someone who has no, as in zero feedback.  It has been 9 days now and the buyer has not responded to my communications nor have they paid for the item.  In future listings, can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?  I feel that I have been burned by someone and would like to not have it happen again.

Any and all info is appreciated.  Thank you.

Soozie3

@soozie3

As others mentioned file the unpaid item dispute and make sure to close it when you can.

You were charged final value fees when your item sold, not when paid for and this is the way to get that credited back to you.

I would not ever state in listing anything about non paying bidders and who can not bid, that will be *bait* to some bad buyer to bid anyway, just to *show* you that they can.

Using fixed price with immediate payment required willl end the nonsense.

No payment, not sold.:)

Not all newbes are bad, some of my worst buyers had tons of FB.

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

@soozie3 wrote:

can I legally post that I do not sell to buyers with less than some random # of feedback postings?

Can you do it legally? Yes.

Does it violate eBay policy?  Yes.

Will eBay come to your house and force you to ship an item? No.

Will eBay suspend a seller who does this habitually? Yes.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

cant do anything because this place stinks cares less to whatever happens to you as a seller plenty more fish who will take your place..we work not for ourselves anymore but for this floating digested brown by-product 

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

Negative terms in listings turn off GOOD buyers. Bad buyers don't care what you put in your listings.

Ebay among other things is trying to protect you from looking like a lunatic. Same goes with any negative wording on buyer feedback. That is not allowed either.

file and close the uid and move on.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

Negative terms in listings turn off GOOD buyers. Bad buyers don't care what you put in your listings.

Well, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. I don't pay attention to negative terms in listings because I know I'm covered by eBay's MBG and PayPal. I ignore them.

Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Soozie - 52 feedbacks ago, what would you have done if every seller blocked 0 FB accounts?

How do you expect new buyers to come to eBay if sellers won't sell to people with 0 FB?

One non-payer does not mean there is a problem with all 0 FB buyers. I get a lot of 0 FB buyers and 99.9% of them have been great. Most of the non-payers I get have thousands of FB.

If you want to ensure immediate payment then list your items as Fixed Price and select Immediate Payment Required.

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

Although I know I'm covered by MBG - I pay attention to the negatives in the listing as it let's me know that the seller may be a PITA if I have a problem. I had a real go round with my last return of a leaked ink cartridge and finally had to open a case after waiting the prescribed period that the seller had to work it out with me. Sorry but I have better things to do with my time than keep repeating send me a return label as they kept offering me a partial when the item was useless to anyone.

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

@adamcorp wrote:

cant do anything because this place stinks cares less to whatever happens to you as a seller plenty more fish who will take your place..we work not for ourselves anymore but for this floating digested brown by-product 

Please remember - you choose to be here - Ebay doesn't have you hog tied - there are other venues but you chose to stay here because your items are selling. In fact - your sell though rate is much better than most on these boards. I feel for those who've seen drastic decreases in their sales, I feel for those where Ebay policies have harmed the seller by allowing them to be scammed - but we choose to sell here and have to take responsibility for that decision

Message 12 of 40
latest reply

I agree about looking at the feedback. But I was talking about non-binding terms in the seller's description.

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

That's what I was talking about tak! This seller had great feedback - but I was less than observant on this purchase and didn't see in his TOS that if an item has to return an item - the buyer pays return shipping.

We know that's not enforceable especially with an SNAD - but being I politely tried to work with the seller so as not to open a case - Ebay allowed so many days for us to work it out between us before I could open an SNAD

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

Thank you for your response and help.  Yes, I did  file a case on Saturday or Sunday so will be closing the case very soon.   What does BBL mean?  Sorry to be so ignorant but I am not a huge seller and have never had this problem before. 

Message 15 of 40
latest reply